Tie Dye Oh My Wall Art
This Tie Dye Oh My Wall Art will run circles around your average square art piece. These circular wall hangings are great for decorating a bedroom or living room, and are a fun way to jazz up your work space. Made using simple tie dye techniques, these tie dye circles make it fun and easy to create really unique home decor. Kids will also love playing with this tie dye and creating their own decorative circles! Get the whole family in on the fun with these fun and fabulous tie dye wall decorations.
- Tulip® One-Step Dye®in Fuchsia (21544) and Orange (21736)
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Peel and Stick Tape™
- 2 yards 100% cotton white fabric
- Plastic tablecloth
- 2 hula hoops in your choice of size (or you can use embroidery hoops for a smaller effect)
- Lay fabric over hula hoop and cut to fit. Allow for enough slack to reach around the back of the hula hoop ring. Repeat for each hula hoop desired.
- Wash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Lay damp fabric flat on work surface. Pinch fabric in the center and gather to form a tube. Add a rubber band at about 3” down from fabric center. Continue adding rubber bands approximately every 3” until you reach the end of the fabric.
- Mix dye as instructed on package. Apply dye to fabric. Wrap fabric in plastic tablecloth and let set 6-8 hours.
- Without removing rubber bands, wash fabric in washing machine. Wash colors separately. Remove rubber bands and dry in dryer. Iron fabric to smooth.
- Add Peel & Stick Tape to the back of hula hoop.
- Place fabric over hula hoop, remove backing of Peel & Stick tape a little at a time and press fabric onto hula hoop keeping fabric tight as you go.
- Stretch and pull fabric until hula hoop is completely covered.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wall Decor"
Find craft projects for wall decor, including easy wall art, paintings, canvases, shadow boxes and more.