Amethyst Purple Dyed Dress
This Amethyst Purple Dyed Dress is dyed with a normal Tie-Dye kit. Follow these instructions from Ann Butler to learn how to dye clothing. Try dyeing other clothing too.
- I Love to Create Dye Kit
- Plastic to cover work area
- White Embroidered Dress
- Plastic wrap
Prewash dress to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth.
- Add water to purple bottle half way, shake, then fill with water to fill line, shake.
Lay Dress flat on work surface. Squirt purple dye onto dress and squeeze to cover dress with dye.
Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 4 – 6 hours.
- Rinse until water runs clear, wash with soap, dry and wear.
Tips & Tricks:
- Wear the gloves that come in the kit, as the dye will stain you hands.
- It is a good idea to wear an apron to protect your clothing from spills.
- You can dye printed clothing and have great results.
- One bottle of dye can dye several items.
- Combine small amounts of left over dye to create a new color.
- Most thread is polyester and will remain the color it started out as; this will give you nice unexpected results.
Be sure to reuse, repurpose and recycle.