Abstract Dye and Marker Shirt
The Abstract Dye and Marker Shirt is perfect for anyone who wants to show off their drawing and dyeing skills. This tutorial includes tie dye instructions for this specific pattern. Even if you are not the best artist, you only have to draw some abstract or geometric shapes, which you can copy from the example. This craft is incredibly easy and requires only a few materials. You can pick whichever colors you like best for this craft, or you can choose another person's favorite colors because this shirt would make a cute gift for almost anyone.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Classic
- Tulip® Fabric Markers® Fine Tip Primary 6 Pack
- Disposable plastic tablecloth
- Freezer paper
- White T-shirt – 100% cotton
- Wash T-shirt and leave damp; do not use fabric softener. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth and lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface.
- Mix dyes in kit according to package directions.
- Squeeze drops of dye colors randomly onto front of shirt. Allow shirt to set for time recommended in package instructions or overnight.
- Rinse shirt under warm running water to remove excess dye. Launder shirt as suggested in package instructions.
- Place a large piece of freezer paper waxy side up inside shirt and iron in place to create a stable drawing surface.
- Use black Fabric Marker to draw random Zentangle-like shapes and patterns over dyed areas, using photo as a guide.
- Remove freezer paper from inside of shirt.