Create with Copics: Beginner's Guide Online Class
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create with Copics: Beginner's Guide Online Class
By Jennifer Dove
Gifted by Annie's Catalog
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
I have to say that I've always been pretty intimidated to try coloring with Copic markers. I didn't quite understand how they worked, and I wasn't sure why a set of markers cost so much more than my go-to Crayola markers. Well, after watching this Copic Markers Beginner's Online Class, I have to say that I'm adding Copic markers to my wish list this year!
With the help of Copic certified instructor and designer Jennifer Dove, I learned all kinds of helpful tips and techniques for using Copic markers. From simple tutorials on how to read the number system to helpful techniques to try when you're blending colors, this online class is a great intro into using these amazing crafting markers.
One thing I was surprised to learn about Copic markers was that you never have to throw them away! The tips can be replaced if they get damaged and all the markers are refillable...so Copics are a great investment for those who love to color. They're also waterproof on all paper types and acid free, so there's no risk of chemicals or harmful fumes when you're having fun with your markers.
Another great thing about these markers is that they're fantastic for blending. Working almost like watercolors, Copic markers allow you to take your cards, illustrations, and designs to a whole new level...giving you a real-life look to your art with a few simple strokes of your marker. And with more than 200 colors to play with, there's absolutely nothing you can't do with these amazing marker collections.
Broken down into various segments, including how to refill your markers, how to select paper and ink, how to determine what paper to use for your projects, and how to fill your markers, this online class literally takes you from start to finish in preserving, using, and storing your Copic markers. And even if you have experience using these markers, you're sure to be amazed by Jennifer's brilliant blending techniques.
The main part of the class is devoted to learning how to blend with your Copic markers. Basic blending techniques, texture blending, monochromatic blending, and much more are covered here...including my favorite, palette blending, which gives you the opportunity to blend two colors that normally wouldn't work together (like pink and blue, for example). By showing the viewer how to color a variety of patterns and images, Jennifer gives you tons of helpful tips and suggestions for practicing and playing with Copic markers. Best of all, the class comes with all the printables you'll need...so all you need to do is grab your markers and get ready to learn!
Here's a more detailed description of what's covered in this class:
- Understand the Copic numbering system and color wheel
- Know how to choose the best colors for blending realistic images
- Discover how to blend with contrasting colors to create depth and beauty in flowers, trees, water and more
- Learn how to use a limited palette of colors in monochromatic blending to create artistic results
- Find out how to use common household items and Copic markers to create amazing textures
If you've ever wanted to learn about Copics or have an inkling to try them out, you just must watch Create with Copics: Beginner's Guide Online Class. From the simple act of selecting colors to the more advanced art of texture blending, this video covers everything you need to know to create a handful of beautiful cards and layouts.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Magic Unicorn Box
- Xyron Creative Station Lite Storage and Refill Bundle
- Red Heart Gumdrop Yarn
- Win a 360 Crafter's Rolling Bag!
- Artterro Wool Felt Jewelry Kit
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Fashion Yarn!
- PLUS America Decoration Rollers
- eCraft Cutting Machine
- Win a Therm O Web Fabric Fuse and Friends Prize Pack!
- Enter for your chance to win Chameleon Color Tones Pencils!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Face Mist With Essential Oils
- Easter Cross Stained Glass Decor
- Learn To Crochet Mug Rug
- Fabric Eggs For Easter
- Dream Catcher Cardi
- Trinity Stitch Chunky Hat
- Diy Easter Sheep Napkin Rings
- Crochet Tiger Applique
- Dog Hat Crochet Pattern
- Easy Velvety Baby Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home