Star Snowman Ornament
With a red and green patchwork coat and holding a bright star, this Christmas snowman is a cheerful and colorful addition to your Christmas tree. Plastic canvas ornaments make for great gifts and fun holiday craft projects.
Make a coordinating set of plastic canvas Christmas ornaments with the Elf Christmas Ornament.
Find this craft and more Plastic Canvas projects in 25 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas.
- Kreinik Heavy (#32) Braid 003HL Red Hi Lustre, (2 yards) 008 Green
- (2 yards), 005HL Black Hi Lustre (18 inches)
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 100HL White Hi Lustre (7 yards),
- 054F Lemon-Lime (1 yard)
- 10-mesh plastic canvas (such as QuickCount™ by Uniek). You will
- need to cut pieces for the following: one snowman 27 x 44 holes and
- one star 7 x 7 holes
- 1/8" E beads: 1 red and 3 black
- white pom-pom (1/2-inch size)
- #18 plastic canvas needle
- small piece of nylon thread
- Carefully cut canvas according to graphs.
- Use the color key and photo as a guide.
- Work the right side of the snowman's coat and his hat in red and green continental stitches and red gobelin stitches as indicated. Work the left side of the snowman's coat in reversed red and green continental stitches and red gobelin stitches.
- Work white continental stitches for snowman.
- Using black 005HL Heavy (#32) Braid: Work two cross stitches on bottom of each eye. Work top left side of eye in a continental stitch, top right side of eye in a reversed continental stitch. Add a red E bead for a nose as indicated. Work right side of smile in continental stitches, left side in reversed continental stitches. Add 3 black E beads for buttons in center of coat.
- Overcast top edges of vest with red. Overcast left side and top edges of snowman's hat with red only as far as area is stitched - then tack 1/2" white pom-pom in center of unstitched area with red braid and overcast the remaining edges of right side of snowman's hat.
- Overcast all other edges of snowman: head, arms, bottom with white 1/8" ribbon.
- Work star in lemon-lime continental stitches. Overcast edges with lemon-lime and tack corners of star marked (•) to hand on right side of snowman marked (•).
- Add a small nylon thread to the top center of snowman as the ornament hanger.