Christmas Magic Flower Basket
Display your poinsettias in a festive Christmas magic flower basket to add Christmas cheer to your home. Use this free plastic canvas pattern to make 5 Christmas designs on the basket.
Find this craft and more Plastic Canvas projects at "16 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas."
SIZE: 9 ½” high (including the handle) x 5 ¼” across
- 1 skein each Jockey Red, Paddy Green and White Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 1 yd. Orange Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 2 yds. Brown Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 1 yd. Red Embroidery Thread
- 1 sheet Ultra Stiff 12” x 18” 7-mesh plastic canvas
- 1 round 6” plastic canvas
- Ten 1” green snowflakes
- 1 pkg. 2 ½ mm gold beads
- 3 yds. 7-mesh gold metallic yarn (by Rainbow Gallery)
- Tapestry Needle
- Sewing Needle and Thread
- Assorted Silk Christmas Flowers
- Graph 1
- Graph 2
- Graph 3
- Cut one 35 x 110 holes for basket.
- Cut one 7 x 92 holes for handle.
- Cut two 9 x 18 holes for candy canes.
- Stitch basket as shown on graph.
- Stitch all unshaded areas with white continental stitches.
- For candy canes, stitch as shown on graph. Overcast each cane with white. Crisscross canes and sew together with white thread. Attach green bow with metallic yarn and sew to basket.
- For bell, attach red bow with gold metallic yarn. Sew 4 gold beads to bottom of bell as shown on graph.
- For boot, sew on red bow with gold metallic yarn. Stitch “NOEL” and outline stitch as shown on graph.
- For candle, sew on green bow with gold metallic yarn.
- For Christmas tree, sew on gold beads. With gold metallic yarn make garland and at the top over the white make a star. Sew small red bows (made from embroidery thread) as shown on graph.
- Sew on green snowflakes with a gold bead in the center of each one as shown on graph.
- Overcast top with red yarn.
- Cut 2 rows off round plastic canvas, leave unworked and with red whipstitch to bottom of the basket.
- Stitch handle as shown on graph. Overcast with red yarn and sew onto the basket.
- Fill basket with flowers.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.