A broken pair of sunglasses can be transformed into this cute Sunglasses Pendant. At first glance, you can't even tell this stylish pendant is made from the lens of an old pair of sunglasses. This is a great project for Earth Day and a fun way to reuse items you already have around your home to make something beautiful.
- Spectacle/sunglasses lenses
- Sharp awl/ needle
- Pictures for decoupage or findings
- Decoupage glue and clear varnish
First, its really helps if you plan out how you want your pendant to look. Do you want it kitschy or ethnic, simple or fun. Plan it , sketch and in the meanwhile, wash and clean your lenses with a soft cloth.
Regardless of the decoration on the pendant, on the top (near the conical edge) make a hole for a jump ring or a bail to pass through. This can be done by heating a sharp needle or an awl and piercing a hole on the lens. This method will work on shell and acrylic lenses only.
- Attach any finding to the lens to embellish it with the help of a jump ring or eye pin. Your pendant is done. You could add multiple findings too. Here I have used an antique gold hoop and a gold ball chain with dutone beads to get an ethnic look.
Read NextVintage Spoon Pendants
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.