Embossed Glue Treasure Album
With a special glue embossing technique, create a beautiful album for your "treasured memories." The technique creates wonderful texture for floral accents and chalk creates soft colors. This project comes to us compliments of Heidi Borchers for Inspired at Home.
You can also listen to this project as you craft, read by Heidi Borchers.
- Album (wood or heavy pressboard cover)
- Aleene’s® Super Thick Tacky Glue™
- Scotch tape
- Blue low-mask painters tape
- Spray paint – flat white
- Decorator craft chalk - assorted colors
- Brush – hard bristle (stencil type brush works great)
- Paper towels
- Spray fixative for chalks
- Lightly draw design onto album cover with pencil.
- Place a tape nozzle onto the bottle of glue. See technique for help.
- Draw with glue along the pencil lines. Let dry completely.
- Mask off the spiral binding with blue painter’s tape and protect any other pages of album with paper towels or paper. Spray paint the entire cover and dried glue with white spray paint. Carefully remove blue tape. Let dry.
- To color with chalk, rub the brush over the surface of the chalk, then rub onto cover where desired. Continue to add different colors of chalk to the cover until entire design is chalked.
- Spray entire chalked surface with spray fixative.
Heidi’s Designer Tip: To create the effect of shadowing with the chalks, leave some areas with less color while applying more color in other areas and blend with cotton swab.
More Glue Embossing Projects:
Read NextHappy Howlidays Gift Tags