Distress Embossing Powder Tutorial
Learn embossing powder techniques to make handmade cards that really pop! Distress embossing powders can add dimension and texture to your paper crafts like no other technique can. Learn how to use embossing powder in this video from Marti Wills.
- Bold stamp
- Distress embossing powders in a variety of colors
- Heat gun
- Distress inks
- Foam blending tool
- Ink up your stamp with Versamark and stamp onto your cardstock.
- Shake the embossing powders well and take the lids off.
- Using just a small pinch of powder between your thumb and finger carefully begin adding the powder colors where you want them to “paint” your stamped image. Just move your finger slightly so the powder falls out a tiny bit at a time.
- Once your image is covered lift it up and lightly tap the underside to bounce the powders around in place so the entire image is covered. Lightly tap off the excess.
- Heat the powders with a heat gun. They do not melt and turn glossy like regular embossing powders – just watch for a slight bit of movement that indicates they have melted.
- To ink the edges use coordinating distress ink and an ink blending foam and tool.