Mother Henna Video: heART Journal Part 1
In part 1, Kara L.C. Jones of Mother Henna demonstrates how to prep a old paper, wire-bound journal for layering and medium. She transforms a plain journal through the artistic process.
- plain old paper, wire-bound journal
- soft-medium acrylic gel
- acrylic paints
- circle cut-outs
- rubber head brayer
- paint brush
- You can play around with the number of pages you acrylic together to play with thickness of page/sets you end up working with.
- To mix up the base of pages, you can do the gesso layer in black gesso! Gives a dark base to play with for exploring light and texture!
- Try doing a cut out on the first page. Layer something showing through that cut out by sandwiching it in-between the pages when you acrylic them together.
- If you are trying to work with a journal that is not wire bound, but rather perfect bound, you can actually rip out a few pages here and there to make more room for all the layering you'll be doing.
- Mostly, this is all a playful experiment! You don't have to know the "right" way -- just play! Find YOUR way.
Read NextHow to Make Paper Bookmarks