Unique Arts and Crafts for Mothers Day
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Homemade gifts come with that extra special touch, demonstrating the effort it took to create a gift just right for the recipient. Quality time can also be a wonderful gift. This mothers day, why not give time and a homemade gift by engaging in some arts and crafts for mothers day with your Mom? She can keep her own creations or share with other family members and friends. Whether she prefers jewelry, paper craft or home décor, find just the thing in this collection of arts and crafts for mothers day. When is mothers day you ask? Mothers day is Sunday, May 10.
voucher wrap: craft ideas for mothers day
Included in this collection of craft ideas for mothers day are great craft projects for hosting a party or meal for mom. Send out homemade invitations for mothers day from this craft collection or host a tea party with mothers day tea invitations. We have three different tea party invite projects perfect for the occasion. Even if it’s just you and mom for afternoon tea, send her a mothers day tea invitation to make her feel special. Decorate with some of these craft ideas for mothers day, such as a lasting tissue paper bouquet or fabric topiary. These projects are fun, inexpensive and will make your mom feel like the belle of the ball. She deserves it!
Table of Contents: Arts and Crafts for Mothers Day
Before we share our great craft ideas, you might want to hear about the origin of mothers day. You can share the interesting story as you craft with mom. The origin of mothers day stretches as far back as the ancient Greeks who held an annual spring festival honoring Rhea, great mother of the gods. Early Christians celebrated Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, during the Mother’s Festival on the 4th Sunday of Lent. In the 16th century, Christian sects in England expanded “Mothering Sunday” to include a celebration of all mothers. Now, mothers day falls on a different date in most of Europe than in America.
The origin of mothers day as a nationally- recognized secular celebration can be credited to one woman, Anna Jarvis. After the death of her mother, Anna organized a memorial service for her as a mothers day observance and began campaigning for a national mothers day. She succeeded and in 1914 Woodrow Wilson proclaimed the second Sunday in May as a national holiday for mothers. Later in her life, Anna campaigned against the commercialization of mothers day and the tradition of sending store-bought greeting cards and/or candy. She felt that people were not truly making the effort to honor their mothers. By doing arts and crafts for mothers day, you will actually be honoring the wishes of the founder.
- Easy Candle Slip- Covers- Use your favorite trims to create paper slip-covers for your dollar-store candles. These candle craft ideas for mothers day will keep you busy creating different variations and matching sets.
- CD Case Picture Frames- Turn unused jewel cases (CD cases) into hanging picture frames with the help of a few buttons, ribbon and other trim. This is a great activity to get the kids involved.
- Kid's Silhouette- Making silhouettes for all the children and grandchildern is a great idea for arts and crafts for mothers day. The silhouettes are easy to create but surprisingly elegant wall art.
- Scrap Fabric and Button Brooch- Use up fabric scraps to create lovely brooches adorned with buttons, embroidery or whatever you wish. These little sewing projects are very addictive!
- Sculpted Roses Picture Frame- Learn the technique of using plaster wrap to create three-dimensional picture frames and wall art. In this frame, the roses are just popping off the wood frame.
- Elegant Black Bead Jewelry Set- Why not spend the afternoon with jewelry arts and crafts for mothers day? This is a great project for beginners in the craft and the results are lovely.
- Embellished Pillows- Use your favorite techinque to embellish plain throw pillows around the house. This pillow article has tons of craft ideas for mothers day.
- Pretty Pansy Mothers Day Tea Invitations
- Tea Party Ornaments or Invites- You can either send as an invite or make these litte ornaments are more arts and crafts for mothers day.
- Mothers Day Tea Invitations- Though intended for a kid's tea party, the pattern is perfect for grown-up tea parties too!
- Fabric Flower Invitations for Mothers Day
- Delicate Spring Flowers Invitations for Mothers Day
- Wreath craft ideas for mothers day- Use leftover yarn in spring colors to create this wreath for mothers day.
- Tissue Paper Topiary Tree
- Fabric and Flower Topiary
- Chalk paint Garden Pots- Use chalk to write "Happy Mother's Day!" for the occasion.
Happy Mothers Day!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Soap with Pressed Flowers
- DIY Candelabra PVC Pipe Craft
- 27 Christian Christmas Crafts
- God Is Love Adult Coloring Page
- Ornamental Bird Adult Coloring Page
- Soft Shoulder Shawl Knitting Pattern
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Kaylee Pope, Editor
- 123 Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- 16 Christmas Plastic Canvas Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home