My Favorite Things Yorganza Scarf
Are you looking for a quick and easy scarf that you can make in no time? This My Favorite Things Yorganza Scarf is your answer! Made with fashionable Yorganza ribbon, this ruffle scarf is a great way to accessorize your outfit. Easy to create and fun to wear, this scarf also makes a great gift and is a fun project for beginning knitters. You can make one while you watch your favorite movie or spend a rainy afternoon knitting up this fun and fashionable scarf. No matter what Yorganza yarn you choose, you're sure to create a scarf that stands out!
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
- 100g (32 yd) package Sullivans USA Yorganza (100% polyester) color Tan Script
- Size 8 US (5.00mm) needles
- Sewing needle, sewing thread to match fabric
Scarf measures 4” wide x 62” long (approximately).
- Pick up 5 sts as foll: Insert ndl tip into first hole at the top of the ribbon fabric.
- Weave the tip from back to front through next four holes (5 sts on the ndl).
- Row 1: Insert RH ndl into last hole placed on the LF ndl (as if to knit a st).
- Place next hole in fabric on RH ndl tip and pull the baric through the hole on the LH ndl (completing the knit st).
- Knit the next 4 sts across the wor in this manner. Turn.
- Row 2: Work as for Row 1. Continue as est until 70 rows are completed (or to desired length).
- Next Row: BO all sts. Fasten off by pulling the remaining fabric through the last st.
- To finish the fabric ends, double hem each raw edge end by folding twice and hand stitching the hem with sewing needle and matching thread.
You can find this project-and many more-in our new free eBook, 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Ideas.
Read NextWillamette Scarf