Makin' Bacon Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a scarf that's truly bacon inspired. For this adorable knit craft, follow the simple pattern and you'll love the results. Enjoy your Makin' Bacon Scarf this winter!
This would be a fantastic gift for the bacon lover in your life. It's just subtle enough! Someone might not even realize it's a bacon-inspired knit scarf pattern. You could make it in other colors if you love the look of the wavy pattern but don't love the bacon theme. It's a cozy knitting pattern that will keep you or your loved one warm this winter! It's a great introduction to wavy knits as well.
- STITCH NATION by Debbie Stoller™ “Alpaca Love™”:
2 balls 3920 Ruby A, 1 ball 3101 Vanilla B.
- Circular Knitting Needle: 5mm [US 8] 36”.
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4” in ripple pattern.
Check your gauge: Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- With A, cast on 272 sts.
- Row 1: Knit.
- Row 2: K1, purl across to last st, k1.
- Row 3: K1, *[k2tog] 3 times, [yo, k1] 6 times, [k2tog] 3 times;
- repeat from * across to last st, k1.
- Row 4: Knit.
- Repeat Rows 1–4, changing color as in following color sequence:
- Work 8 more rows with A (for a total of 12 A-colored rows), [4
- rows with B, 4 rows with A] 2 times, 4 rows with B. Bind off.
Weave in ends. Steam block gently, if desired.
The scarf is worked from long edge to long edge. Work back and forth on circular needle, as if working on straight needles.
The stitch pattern creates ripples across the fabric. After several row repeats, 15 ripples should be apparent.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- Messy Bun Crochet Hat
- Simple Slouch Pom Pom Beanie Crochet Hat
- Double V Slouch Beanie Crochet Hat
- Paint Storage Idea
- Amore Altered Altoid Tin Fo Valentine's Day
- Heart Origami Valentine Banner
- Faux Flower Heart Wreath
- Easy Romantic Rose or Flowers Earrings Tutorial
- No Sew Fleece Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home