We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You can make this soft and pretty alpaca scarf from Authentic Knitting Board with just one skein of yarn.
- One Skein of Knitting Board Yarn Or Any DK weight yarn 260 yards
- 10” mini knitting board with tool
- Crochet hook for finishing
- Cast On 22 needles.
- Start with loop knot.
- Place on first top needle. Weave down to the 2nd needle on bottom board. Continue weaving every other needle, front to back. Turn board around and continue the process to fill in all open needles, keeping yarn taut as you go around the end of board. Now, you have one loop on every needle.
- Lay piece of yarn (different color) across the stitches with ends dangling below board at each end. This is your anchor yarn. Repeat the wrapping so that you have (2) loops on each needle.
- Take your knit hook and lift bottom loop over the top. Pull down gently on your anchor yarn to secure the stitches. They will be loose for the first 3-4 rows. Repeat the wrap around all needles, and hook bottom loop over top again. Weave a full circular again.
- Hook over.
- Knit in this pattern (Stockinette Stitch) until the scarf measures 28” or (90) rows.
- Bind Off your stitches using a crochet hook. This means, you start at back end (not yarn end)-slip crochet hook into st 1, front and back, and st 2 front. Remove the loops from board, and pull loop closest to hook thru the other 2 loops. Continue to lift the next 2 loops from the board, and then pull the loop closest to hook thru the other 2 loops.
- Continue until you have only one loop on your hook. Cut your yarn, and pull it thru the last loop.
- Do the same thing to the stitches on the anchor yarn. This will give you a nice even finish on both ends of the knitting. Now, remove the anchor yarn.
- Fringe: Cut your yarn into 7” lengths. Take 2-3 of them together, and fold in half. With your crochet hook, pull the folded ends thru edge stitches at end of scarf. Slip ends of fringe thru loop, and pull snugly.
- Do this to both ends.
- Trim the edges of fringe, and your scarf is ready to wear.
Find even more free knit scarf patterns to love in our extensive collection of gorgeous knitting patterns, 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns.This gorgeous collection contains cowls, simple scarves, and more intricate, intermediate patterns.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
- High Style Knit Cowl Pattern
- Color Dip Scarf
- The Milan Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
- 29 Free Knit Scarf Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
- Cozy Weekend Infinity Knit Scarf Pattern
- Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
- Easy Peasy Loop-It Scarf Pattern
- How to Arm Knit a Scarf
- Best Yarn for Scarves
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Sports Word Scramble
- C2c Heart Hat
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Striped Hourglass Area Rug
- Winding Cables Hat
- Seeing Stripes Shawl
- Hashtag Slouchy
- Dragon Wing Cowl
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- Robot Valentine Tags And Bag Toppers
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home