We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Stay comfy and cozy this winter season by making this Bright Knitted Chevron Scarf. There's no better way to stand out in the crisp white snow than rocking a bold colored scarf. This scarf pattern is extremely easy to make and is the perfect tutorial for beginners. If you've never picked up a knitting needle is your life, don't worry! After completing your chevron creation, you can wear it over your puffy winter parka or a match it with a knit sweater. This DIY scarf would also make a very thoughtful Christmas gift to that special someone. No matter what you decide, this scarf will make a stylish statement.
Be sure to enter for a chance to win a Red Heart With Love Striped Yarn Bundle during the 12 Days of Christmas in July! This giveaway runs until July 30th and you can receive an extra entry just by commenting below on this page.
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 sts = 4" [10 cm]; 20 rows = 4" [10cm]
Finished SizeScarf measures 8" [20 cm] wide x 70" [178 cm] long
- RED HEART® With Love®: 2 skeins 1978 Baroque Stripes
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needle: 5.5mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
Find out how to knit this gorgeous chevron scarf below:
Using long-tail method, cast on 34 sts.
Row 1 (WS): K1, p to last st, K1.
Row 2: K1, kfb, k5, skp, k2tog, K5, kfb twice, k5, skp, k2tog, k5, kfb, k1.
Repeat Rows 1 & 2 until piece measures 70” [178 cm].
Bind off all stitches.
Weave in ends
- knit next 2 stitches together
- knit from and back
- sklip 1, knit 1, pass slipped stitch over
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 31, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home