We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Stay comfy and cozy this winter season by making this Bright Knitted Chevron Scarf. There's no better way to stand out in the crisp white snow than rocking a bold colored scarf. This scarf pattern is extremely easy to make and is the perfect tutorial for beginners. If you've never picked up a knitting needle is your life, don't worry! After completing your chevron creation, you can wear it over your puffy winter parka or a match it with a knit sweater. This DIY scarf would also make a very thoughtful Christmas gift to that special someone. No matter what you decide, this scarf will make a stylish statement.
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 sts = 4" [10 cm]; 20 rows = 4" [10cm]
Finished SizeScarf measures 8" [20 cm] wide x 70" [178 cm] long
- RED HEART® With Love®: 2 skeins 1978 Baroque Stripes
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needle: 5.5mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
Find out how to knit this gorgeous chevron scarf below:
Using long-tail method, cast on 34 sts.
Row 1 (WS): K1, p to last st, K1.
Row 2: K1, kfb, k5, skp, k2tog, K5, kfb twice, k5, skp, k2tog, k5, kfb, k1.
Repeat Rows 1 & 2 until piece measures 70” [178 cm].
Bind off all stitches.
Weave in ends
- knit next 2 stitches together
- knit from and back
- sklip 1, knit 1, pass slipped stitch over
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat
- 10 Winter Coloring Pages for Adults: Printable PDFs
- Elf Leg Earrings
- Through The Window Hand Towel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home