Knit and Crochet Nature Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make this unique nature hat for the next cold season from WEBS - America's Yarn Store. It combines knitting with crochet for that intriguing look. A crochet hook and knitting needles are needed.
Finished Size: Approx. 19” around x 8” tall
- Valley Yarns Valley Superwash DK (100% Extrafine Superwash Merino, 137yds / 50g) 1 sk each of:
- MC: color 03 Black
- CC1: color 11 Spring Leaf
- CC2: color 14 Teal
- CC3: color 19 Misty Lilac
- Size E (3.5mm) crochet hook
- US size 6 (4.0mm) double pointed or circular needle or size needed to get gauge
24 sts and 32 rows = 4” in Stockinette st
dc: double crochet
k2tog: knit 2 together
pm: place marker
sc: single crochet
sl st: slip stitch
Granny Square Brim:
Square 1 (make 3):
With CC1, ch4 and join with a sl st to form ring.
Rnd 1: With CC1, ch3 (counts as first dc), [2dc, ch1] into center, *[3dc, ch1] into center; rep from * twice more, sl st into top of ch3, cut yarn and fasten off.
Rnd 2: Join CC2 to any ch1 sp, ch3 (counts as first dc), [2dc, ch1, 3dc, ch1] into same sp, *[3dc, ch1] twice into next ch1 sp; rep from * twice more, sl st into top of ch3, cut yarn and fasten off.
Rnd 3: Join CC3 to any ch1 corner sp, ch3 (counts as first dc), [2dc, ch1, 3dc, ch1] into same sp, *[3dc, ch1] into next ch1 sp, [3dc, ch1] twice into corner ch1 sp; rep from * twice more, sl st into top of ch3, cut yarn and fasten off.
Square 2 (make 2):
With CC2, ch4 and join with a sl st to form ring.
Rnd 1: With CC2, as Rnd 1 of Square 1.
Rnd 2: With CC3, as Rnd 2 of Square 1.
Rnd 3: With CC1, as Rnd 3 of Square 1.
Square 3 (make 2):
With CC3, ch4 and join with a sl st to form ring.
Rnd 1: With CC3, as Rnd 1 of Square 1.
Rnd 2: With CC1, as Rnd 2 of Square 1.
Rnd 3: With CC2, as Rnd 3 of Square 1.
Sew or crochet squares together in a strip and block, then join in a ring to form brim.
With MC and crochet hook, sc112 evenly around one edge of brim. With circular or double pointed needles, pick up and knit 1 st in each sc. Join in round.
Knit every round until hat measures 5” from lower edge of granny square brim, or 3” less than desired length.
Rnd 1: *K14, pm, rep from *. 8 markers placed.
Rnd 2: *K to 2 sts before marker, k2tog; rep from *. 104 sts.
Rnd 3: Knit.
Rep Rnds 2-3 until 8 sts remain. Cut yarn and draw through remaining sts. Pull yarn tight and weave in any loose ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Add a touch of whimsical charm to your spring and summer decor with this Classic Country Scrap Wreath. Made using fabric scraps of a… Continue reading: "Country DIY Fabric Wreath Tutorial"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Flower Vase
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- Monogram Resin Keychain
- Elastic Waist Linen Shorts Free Sewing Pattern
- Macrame Light Pendant
- Diy Washable Duster Cloths
- Kat Williams - Editorial Intern
- Easy Epoxy Resin Jewelry
- Country Spice Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home