We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep your hands free while your wrists stay warm in these fingerless gloves from Bernat Yarns. Beautiful cabled knit pattern for the intermediate level knitter.
- Bernat® Alpaca
- (100 g/3.5 oz; 110 m/120 yds)
- 1 ball of (93203 Aqua).
- Double-pointed knitting needles: Set of four size 5.5 mm (U.S. 9) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle.
- Small amount of contrasting waste yarn for thumb opening.
Approx 8 ins [20.5 cm] around x 10 ins [25.5 cm] long.
18 sts and 22 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Cast on 36 sts. Divide sts evenly on 3 needles. Join in rnd, placing marker on first st for beg of rnd.
Knit 4 rnds.
5th rnd: (RS). *Slip next 3 sts onto a cable needle and leave at front of work. K3, then K3 from cable needle – C6F made. Rep from * around.
Knit 5 rnds.
Next rnd: (RS). K3. *Slip next 3 sts onto a cable needle and leave at back of work. K3, then K3 from cable needle – C6B made. Rep from * to last 3 sts. C6B over last 3 sts and first 3 sts of next rnd.
Knit 5 rnds.
Next rnd: As 5th rnd.
Knit in rnds until work from beg measures 7 ins [18 cm].
Next rnd: K10. Slip next 5 sts onto waste yarn. Cast on 5 sts over slipped sts. Knit to end of rnd.
Knit in rnds for 2 ins [5 cm] more.
Work 2 rnds in (K1. P1) ribbing. Cast off loosely in rib.
Thumb: K5 from waste yarn. With second double-pointed needle, pick up and knit 7 sts at thumb opening.
Divide 12 sts evenly onto 3 needles.
Join in rnd.
Knit in rnds until thumb measures 1¼ ins [3 cm]. Cast off.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Farmhouse Thanksgiving
- Paper Bag Turkey Dinner
- How to Make 7 Watercolor Backgrounds
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home