We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep your hands free while your wrists stay warm in these fingerless gloves from Bernat Yarns. Beautiful cabled knit pattern for the intermediate level knitter.
- Bernat® Alpaca
- (100 g/3.5 oz; 110 m/120 yds)
- 1 ball of (93203 Aqua).
- Double-pointed knitting needles: Set of four size 5.5 mm (U.S. 9) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle.
- Small amount of contrasting waste yarn for thumb opening.
Approx 8 ins [20.5 cm] around x 10 ins [25.5 cm] long.
18 sts and 22 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Cast on 36 sts. Divide sts evenly on 3 needles. Join in rnd, placing marker on first st for beg of rnd.
Knit 4 rnds.
5th rnd: (RS). *Slip next 3 sts onto a cable needle and leave at front of work. K3, then K3 from cable needle – C6F made. Rep from * around.
Knit 5 rnds.
Next rnd: (RS). K3. *Slip next 3 sts onto a cable needle and leave at back of work. K3, then K3 from cable needle – C6B made. Rep from * to last 3 sts. C6B over last 3 sts and first 3 sts of next rnd.
Knit 5 rnds.
Next rnd: As 5th rnd.
Knit in rnds until work from beg measures 7 ins [18 cm].
Next rnd: K10. Slip next 5 sts onto waste yarn. Cast on 5 sts over slipped sts. Knit to end of rnd.
Knit in rnds for 2 ins [5 cm] more.
Work 2 rnds in (K1. P1) ribbing. Cast off loosely in rib.
Thumb: K5 from waste yarn. With second double-pointed needle, pick up and knit 7 sts at thumb opening.
Divide 12 sts evenly onto 3 needles.
Join in rnd.
Knit in rnds until thumb measures 1¼ ins [3 cm]. Cast off.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Fingerless Gloves
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Wrist Warmers Knitting Pattern
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Easy Wrist Warmers
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow