Pullover Yoke Sweater
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This beautiful and earthy sweater from Bernat Yarns is perfect for the cold weather. It uses a traditional 3-color design that creates a lovely contrast and texture.
- Bernat® Super Value
- (197 g/7 oz/389 m/426 yds)
- or Bernat® Berella 4
- (100 g/3.5 oz/197 m/216 yds)
- or Bernat® Satin
- (100 g/3.5 oz/149 m/163 yds)
- MC: (Brown) 564 m/620 yds
- A: (Beige) 145 m/160 yds
- B: (Blue) 145 m/160 yds
- MC: (Brown) 610 m/670 yds
- A: (Beige) 150 m/165 yds
- B: (Blue) 150 m/165 yds
- MC: (Brown) 660 m/725 yds
- A: (Beige) 160 m/175 yds
- B: (Blue) 160 m/175 yds
- MC: (Brown) 710 m/780 yds
- A: (Beige) 170 m/185 yds
- B: (Blue) 170 m/185 yds
- MC: (Brown) 755 m/830 yds
- A: (Beige) 185 m/205 yds
- B: (Blue) 185 m/205 yds
- MC: (Brown) 850 m/930 yds
- A: (Beige) 190 m/210 yds
- B: (Blue) 190 m/210 yds
- Circular Knitting Needles: sizes 5 mm (U.S. 8) and 5.5 mm (U.S. 9) 29 ins [75 cm] long.
- Set of four 5 mm (U.S. 8) and 5.5 mm (U.S. 9) double-pointed knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
To fit bust measurement
- Extra-Small/Small 28-34 ins [71-86.5 cm]
- Medium 36-38 ins [91.5-96.5 cm]
- Large 40-42 ins [101.5-106.5 cm]
- Extra-Large 44-46 ins [112-117 cm]
- 2/3 Extra-Large 48-54 ins [122-137 cm]
- 4/5 Extra-Large 56-62 ins [142-157.5 cm]
- X-Small/Small: 36½ ins [92.5 cm]
- Medium: 41 ins [104 cm]
- Large: 44½ ins [113 cm]
- Extra-Large: 49 ins [124.5 cm]
- 2/3 Extra-Large: 58 ins [147.5 cm]
- 4/5 Extra-Large: 66 ins [167.5 cm]
17 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
Beg = Beginning.
Cont = Continue(ity).
Dec = Decrease(ing).
Inc = Increase 1 stitch by knitting into front and back of next stitch.
K = Knit.
K2tog = Knit 2 stitches together.
P = Purl.
Rem = Remaining.
Rep = Repeat.
Rnd(s) = Round(s).
St(s) = Stitch(es).
WS = Wrong side.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ). When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes. For ease in working, circle all numbers pertaining to your size.
With smaller circular needle and MC, cast on 156 (172-188-208-244-280) sts.
Join in rnd, placing marker on first st.
1st rnd: *K2. P2. Rep from * around.
Rep last rnd of (K2. P2) ribbing twice more, inc 0 (2-2-0-2-0) sts evenly across last rnd. 156 (174-190-208- 246-280) sts.
Change to larger needle and knit in rnds until work from beg measures 14 (14-14½-14½-15-15) ins [35.5 (35.5- 37-37-38-38) cm].
Next rnd: [K78 (87-95-104-123- 140). Slip last 6 (8-12-12-16-16) sts onto a length of yarn for underarm] twice. Break MC, leaving a long end. Leave all sts on a spare needle.
Note: When working from chart, carry yarn not in use loosely across WS, but never over more than 5 sts. When it must pass over more than 5 sts, weave it over and under color in use on next st or at center point of sts it passes over.
The colors are never twisted around one another.
With smaller double-pointed needles and MC, cast on 40 (40-44-44-48- 48) sts.
Divide sts onto 3 needles and join in rnd, placing marker on first st.
Work in (K2. P2) ribbing for 3 rnds, inc 1 st at center of last rnd. 41 (41-45- 45-49-49) sts.
Change to larger double-pointed needles and proceed in Chart I, reading rnds from right to left and noting incs at beg and end of 1st and every following 14th (10th-10th-8th-6th- 6th) rnd 2 (4-4-5-6-6) times more.
Knit in Chart I to end of chart.
With MC, knit in rnds, inc 1 st at beg and end of every following 12th (10th- 10th-8th-6th-4th) rnd from previous inc to 55 (59-65-69-77-89) sts.
Cont even until sleeve from beg measures 18½ (19-19-18½-18-17½) ins [47 (48-48-47-45.5-44.5) cm].
Next rnd: Slip last 3 (4-6-6-8-8) sts and first 3 (4-6-6-8-8) sts of rnd onto a length of yarn for underarm. Break yarn. Leave rem 49 (51-53-57-61-73) sts on a spare needle.
1st rnd: With larger needle and MC, [K49 (51-53-57-61-73) for sleeve. Place marker on needle. K72 (79-83- 92-107-124) for body. Place marker on needle] twice. 242 (260-272-298-336- 394) sts.
2nd rnd: Knit, dec 2 (dec 5-dec 2-inc 2-dec 6-dec 4) sts evenly around. 240 (255-270-300-330-390) sts.
Knit in Chart II to end of chart, reading rnds from right to left and noting 15-st rep will be worked 16 (17-18-20-22- 26) times. 64 (68-72-80-88-104) sts.
Sizes M, L, XL, 2/3XL and 4/5XL only: Next rnd: With MC, *K(15-16- 18-20-24). K2tog. Rep from * 3 times more. (64-68-76-84-100) sts.
Knit 2 rnds.
Sizes L, XL, 2/3XL and 4/5XL only: Next rnd: With MC, *K(15-17-19- 23). K2tog. Rep from * 3 times more. (64-72-80-96) sts.
Knit 2 rnds.
Sizes XL, 2/3XL and 4/5XL only: Next rnd: With MC, *K(16-18-22).
K2tog. Rep from * 3 times more. (68- 76-92) sts.
Knit 2 rnds.
Sizes 2/3XL and 4/5XL only: Next rnd:With MC, *K(17-21). K2tog. Rep from * 3 times more. (72-88) sts.
Knit 2 rnds.
Size 4/5XL only: Next rnd: With MC, *K20. K2tog. Rep from * 3 times more. 84 sts.
Knit 1 rnd.
Next rnd: *K19. K2tog. Rep from * 3 times more. 80 sts.
All sizes: Change to smaller needle and proceed as follows:
Next rnd: *K1. P1. Rep from * around.
Rep last rnd of (K1. P1) ribbing for 3 ins [7.5 cm]. Cast off.
FINISHING: Pin garment to measurements. Cover with a damp cloth, leaving cloth to dry. Graft underarms.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home