Blue and White Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Soft stripes of blue and white in this knitting baby blanket pattern create a perfect cover for the new baby boy. This easy pattern from Bernat Yarns calls for circular knitting needles for a quick make. You can always adjust the colors to your own preferences.
- Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby (140 g/5 oz) Main Color (MC) (Blue) 3 balls, Contrast A (White) 2 balls
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) circular 36 ins 90 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 20 sts and 23 rows = 4 ins 10 cm with larger needle in pat.
Measurements: Approx 38 x 43 ins 96.5 x 109 cm.
MK = P2tog without slipping sts off needle, then K2tog over same sts.
With MC and smaller needle, cast on 181 sts. Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle, proceed as follows:
Knit 5 rows (garter st), noting that first row is WS.
Change to larger needle and proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). With A, knit.
2nd row: P1. (MK) 90 times.
3rd row: With MC, knit.
4th row: (MK) 90 times. P1.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 42 ins 106.5 cm, ending on a 2nd row of pat.
With MC and smaller needle, knit 5 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Side Edging: With MC and smaller needle and with RS of work facing, pick up and knit 209 sts evenly along one side edge. Knit 4 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS). Rep on opposite side.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow