We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a quick baby blanket pattern that's perfect for someone who's new to knitting. This Baby Blue Blanket from Red Heart Yarn will be loved by new mommies and new babies. The bulky yarn used to make it means it's also a fast project.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- RED HEART® “Baby Clouds™”: 4 skeins 9925 Playtime Multi
- Knitting Needles: 10mm [US 15]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 8 sts = 4”; 15 rows = 4” in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
TIP: The pattern row (Row 5) is alternately worked on right and wrong side rows to keep the blanket square: first the pattern row is worked on a right side row, then 4 rows later it is worked on a wrong side row. To keep track of the number of rows you have worked between pattern rows, count the number of ridges formed by the knit rows – there should be 2 ridges above the pattern row on both sides of the blanket; then you are ready for the pattern row.
- Cast on 73 sts.
- Marking first row as the right side, work in pattern as follows: Rows 1-4: Knit.
- Row 5: K3, * yo, K2tog; repeat from * to last 2 sts; K2.
- Repeat Rows 1-5 until approximately 36” from beginning, end by working pattern Row 5.
- Knit 4 more rows.
- Bind off.
For more adorable patterns, check out 15 Unique Baby Blankets to Crochet for Your Little One.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Blue Knit Baby Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- Satin Cradle Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainy Day Coloring Page
- Magic Hat Coloring Page
- Seahorse Coloring Page
- Diy Gift Boxes
- How To Make A Paper Christmas Honeycomb Ball?
- Crochet Christmas Tree Garland
- Crochet Heart Angel
- Learn to Crochet with Marly Bird
- Sublime Stitching
- Rachel's of Greenfield
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home