Crochet Beer Cap Hot Pad
Get creative with this free kitchen crochet pattern. Using beer caps as your base, you can make a really neat hot pad pattern, perfect for warm mugs and hot pans. These coasters are great for anyone and make really fun gifts. This is a fun intermediate crochet pattern that's quick to make. Use favorite colors or create coasters in the colors of your husband's favorite sports team for a set of coasters that would be great for his den.
- 75 yards Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Yarn (Size 10)
- Size 9/1.40MM crochet hook
- 19 beer caps of your choice
- Sewing needle
Gauge: 24 dc/12 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch
- Ch = Chain
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sc Dec = Single Crochet Decrease (Insert hook in first stitch indicated, yo, pull up loop, insert hook in second stitch indicated, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru remaining 3 loops on hook.)
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
Ch 5, slst to first stitch to join.
Ch 3, 15 dc in ring, slst to join at top of ch 3. Make sure to dc over the tail of the chain to hide it. (16 dc)
Ch 2, sc in same st, *sc 3, 2 sc in next st*, repeat between * two more times, sc 3, slst with top of Beg ch to join (20 sts)
Ch 2, sc in every st around, slst with top of Beg ch to join. (20 sts)
Ch 3, dc in every st around, slst with top of Beg ch to join. (20 sts)
Sc Dec around, slst with top of Beg ch to join (10 sts)
Sc dec around, slst with top of Beg ch to join (5 sts)
Break thread and weave through remaining 5 loops, tie closed and weave in ends.
- Using scrap crochet cotton, sew 6 cover caps around one central cap on the underneath side where they touch. Then join 12 covered caps around the six. You can mix and match color however you like, so use you imagination!