Easy GOP Elephant Scrubby
Use this easy crochet project to show which party you root for.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Grand Old Party has been waiting for you to make one of these! Show which side you're on with this amazing Easy GOP Elephant Scrubby. The easy crochet pattern for your kitchen displays the red, white, and blue of the American flag in the shape of your favorite party's symbol. If you or a loved one is a member of the Republican Party, you'll love this little elephant.
Kitchen crochet patterns like this make it easy to create a gadget that can easily clean your pots, pans, and other dirty dishes. The next time your friends come over for dinner, they're sure to get a chuckle out of your new crochet pot scrubber. It would also make a great gift for any friend who loves politics. A donkey scrubby is available for members of the Democratic Party.
1. To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Cut old color.
2. You may prefer to work over tails to minimize weaving in ends
sc2tog = [Insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop] twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
Join with sc = Place a slip knot on hook, insert hook in indicated stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through both loops on hook.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Finished SizeScrubby measures 7-3/4” (19.5 cm) from back to trunk x 6-1/2” (16.5 cm) long.
- 1 Ball Red Heart Scrubby Yarn - 870 Royal [A]
- 1 Ball Red Heart Scrubby Yarn - 10 Coconut [B]
- 1 Ball Red Heart Scrubby Yarn - 905 Cherry [C]
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn Needle
- Sewing Needle
- White Thread
Instructions for Easy GOP Elephant Scrubby
Upper Body and Trunk
With A, ch 14.
Row 1 (wrong side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn — 13 sc.
Rows 2-4: Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in each st across to last sc, 2 sc in last st, turn — 19 sc.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.
Rows 6-9: Repeat Row 5; change to B at end of Row 9.
Rows 10-12: Repeat Row 5; change to C at end of Row 12.
Rows 13-16: Repeat Row 5.
Row 17: Ch 1, sc in first 3 sts; leave remaining sts unworked, turn — 3 sc.
Row 18: Repeat Row 5.
Row 19: Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc2tog, turn.
Row 20: Ch 1, sc2tog, 3 sc in last st, turn — 4 sc.
Row 21: Ch 1, 3 sc in first st, slip st in last 2 sts. Fasten off.
Row 1 (wrong side): With wrong side of upper body facing, skip first st, join C with sc in next st, sc in each remaining st across, turn — 15 sc. Do not fasten off.
Row 1: Ch 1, sc in first 4 st, turn — 4 sc.
Rows 2-5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. Fasten off.
Row 1: With right side of Row 1 of lower body facing, skip first 7 sts, join C with sc in next st, sc in last 3 sts, turn — 4 sc.
Rows 2-5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. Fasten off.
1. With right side facing, join A with slip st in 7th st of Row 1 of upper body, ch 10, slip st in same st (hanging loop made), sc evenly around, working 3 sc in outer corners of legs and trunk.
2. Join with slip st in first slip st. Fasten off.
Star (make 3)
With B, ch 2.
Round 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook, do not join — 5 sc.
Round 2: *Slip st in next sc, ch 2, sc in 2nd ch from hook; repeat from * 4 times, join with slip st in first slip st. Fasten off.
1. Weave in ends.
2. With sewing needle and white thread, sew stars in place on upper body.
- A, B, C
- Color A, Color B, Color C, etc.
- single crochet
- Repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.
- [Insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop] twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- Join with sc
- Place a slip knot on hook, insert hook in indicated stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through both loops on hook.
Here are even more patriotic crafts to get you ready for the summer holidays: 13 American Flag Decor Crafts
Please comment and let us know:
Have you ever worked with Scrubbie Yarn before?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Sun Crochet Coaster Pattern
Vintage Inspired Crochet Pot Holder
Aunt Bee's Gingham Dishcloth
Granny's Square Dishcloth
Crochet Doily in Pineapple Pattern
Crochet Stash Baskets
Mop or Sweeper Cover Crochet Pattern
23 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns for Beginners
Granny Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Easy Ombre Dishcloth
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 15 Minute Crafts: Small Planters
- DIY Birdhouse
- Party Sweet Box from Sticks
- 7 Types of Scissors for Sewing That You Must Have
- Sewing Ideas for Kids
- Quilted Tote
- How to Make Old Clothes Look New and Stylish
- Easy Zipper Bag with Embroidery
- Pineapple Pillow Pattern
- Baby Spit up Bib
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home