Pumpkins in Silhouette
Give pumpkins a sophisticated, modern look this Halloween with silhouettes.
Check out this project and more ideas in 17 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Projects for Halloween!
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBFN6504-B - White Bristle Fan 4
- DAS8 - Weathered Wood
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- Water container
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Pumpkin (real or artificial)
- Pattern 1
- Pattern 2
- Basecoat or prime pumpkin. (See Helpful Hints below.)
- Coat pumpkin with Weathered Wood.
- Use fan brush to apply Lamp Black (or contrasting color) over Weathered Wood. Be careful not to overbrush as lifting of paint may occur. Let dry thoroughly.
- For silhouette designs, trace and transfer pattern. Paint design with contrasting color that corresponds to pumpkin. Let dry.
- When completely dry, mist with Americana Matte Spray Sealer. Allow to dry between coats.
- Let dry between steps.
- You can also basecoat pumpkin in DA229 Jack-O'-Lantern Orange or Americana Acrylic color of your choice.
- Basecoat color will show through cracks. If you want color other than natural pumpkin color, choose color that contrasts with topcoat.
- Multi-Purpose Sealer improves adhesion on slick surfaces. For best results and durability, it would be best to prime pumpkin with sealer first.