16 CD Crafts
These recycled CD crafts are super stunning and great for cleaning out old junk!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Whether you're cleaning out your music collection or looking for ways to reuse those old computer discs, these old CD crafts will help you find new and fun ways to reuse and recycle your CDs. From clever home decor items to holiday decorations that are sure to spruce up your tree, these CD craft ideas are easy and fun to make for crafters of all skill levels.
New cars these days don't even come with CD players anymore. As music moves more exclusively into the digital sphere, CDs (like VHS tapes and records) are stored in the closet gathering dust. But these shiny discs make fantastic craft supplies! Create a fun disco ball effect on any project by using fragments of CDs; just be careful not to cut yourself on the little pieces.
Wondering how to break CDs? Simply using scissors will do the job, and this is a bit safer than folding the CDs in half to break them. You can even run a CD through a paper shredder that has a setting for credit cards. Applying heat, such as with a hair dryer, will help you cut the layers more easily, or even peel them apart to cut thinner layers if you'd prefer. Good luck! These CD decoration ideas are sure to become staples in your household.
- Upcycle a CD into a Colorful Woven Coaster
This gorgeous project will teach you how to do basic weaving with items you already have in your stash: old CDs and leftover yarn!
- Beaded CD Ornaments
Great for kids and adults alike, these Beaded CD Ornaments are sure to add a little festive sparkle to your holiday decor. Hang them on the tree or in your window for a fun and colorful holiday home decoration.
- CD Garden Border
Give your garden a lovely edge by lining it with old CD's. Not only will this look incredibly beautiful in the sunlight, but it's a fun and thrifty way to clear out your CD collection by putting it on display for all to see!
- Toast and Limerick CD Coasters
Great for the man in your life, these CD coasters each have a fun toast on them, making them great for a man cave or to give to men of all ages for birthdays and Father's Day celebrations.
- Upcycled CD Cupcake Stand
Showcase your beautiful cupcakes with this easy Cupcake Stand. Made using an old CD and a variety of other recyclables, this project is a great way to craft through the recycle bin!
- Stainless Steel Office Organizer
Keep track of all your mail, letters, and memos with this CD Office Organizer. Great for kids to make for their dad, this easy organizational craft is a clever and useful way to repurpose those old CD's.
- Recycled CD Holiday Ornament
Create your own Christmas memories with this Recycled CD Holiday Ornament. Embellish it with photos and stickers and hand them out as gifts to family and friends.
- Recycled CD Coasters
Great for summer BBQ's and get togethers, these CD Coasters also make great hostess gifts and stocking stuffers. Cover them with colorful fabrics or paper to really make them stand out.
- CD Clock
This project is a great one for kids. Perfect for teaching young minds about telling time, this CD Clock is a fun and creative way to put an old CD to use. Kids will also love showing off their own handmade CD clock!
- Picture Perfect CD Photo Clip
Use an old CD as the base of this adorable photo frame. Great for teens and young adults, this photo display is perfect for holding onto everything from photos of friends to upcoming concert tickets.
- Recycled CD Greeting Card
This is a clever and fun way to send a special note to a loved one. By turning an old CD into a unique greeting card, this project is sure to stand out and be a well-loved favorite for anyone who receives it.
- Quilted CD Ornaments
Your tree is sure to stand out with these Quilted CD Ornaments. Made by quilting fabric onto a CD base, these colorful ornaments make wonderful handmade gifts for everyone on your list.
- Recycled CD Letter Holder for Mom
Keep this crafty CD Letter Holder by the front door to help keep track of all your incoming and outgoing mail. You could also use this technique to create a handmade napkin holder or paper folder.
- Pretty Stenciled Disc Coasters
Practice your stenciling skills and make some of the prettiest coasters with this easy tutorial. Painting CDs is easier than you might think.
- Tangerine Floating Candle Holder
Use a CD as the base for an embellished candle holder with this craft idea. You'll have a lovely small centerpiece that will be a conversation starter at gatherings!
- DIY Kitchen Backsplash from Old CDs
This stunning project from our friends at Cheap Thrifty Living is an incredible idea you'll fall in love with. Take your kitchen to a shiny new level with this eye-catching DIY!
If you love repurposing and recycling, check out our complete collection of 1000+ Recycled Crafts
CD Case Crafts
Bonus! We also have some great ideas on how to reuse and recycle those CD jewel cases!
- CD Case Picture Frame
Great for displaying photos of your kids and grandkids, this CD Case Picture Frame hangs on the wall and lends itself well to any number of decoration ideas.
- Jewel Case Pendant Lamp
This amazingly beautiful pendant lamp is made entirely of CD jewel cases! Great for an entryway or living room, this lovely lamp is not only thrifty, but dazzling and fashionable as well.
Another unlikely plastic product to use in crafting is spoons! Discover 19 Spoon Crafts: Wooden, Plastic, Metal, and More
Have you ever tried crafting with CDs? We'd love to hear what you made! Share your successes in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Magical DIY Fairy Jar Night Light
- Upcycled Deisgner Storage Buckets
- Pizza Pan Mosaic Tutorial
- Mason Jar Lid Reindeer Crafts
- Mason Jar Vase
- How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Pattern
- Kalideoscope Mason Jar Ornament
- Winter Wonderland Mason Jar Ornament
- Upcycled French Farmhouse Paper Mache Rooster
- Upcycled Burlap Vase
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Christmas Caps Decoration - Fun Family Craft
- Free Christmas Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Fabulous Faux Stained Glass Christmas Ornament
- Crochet Snowflake Free Pattern
- Fabric Postcards (and Fabric Postcard Ornaments)
- Reindeer Ornament
- Wreath Christmas Tree Ornament
- Stacked Yarn Ball Ornament
- Paragon Square Ornament
- Dangling Snowman Ornament
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home