Beaded CD Ornaments
Add a unique touch to your tree this year with these CD Christmas ornaments.
If you're looking for Christmas ornament ideas, you can't go wrong with these Beaded CD Ornaments. With a little paint, wire and beads, you can add a new look to your tree this holiday season. This eco-friendly craft is perfect for all ages, so gather up the kids and encourage them to get creative. Homemade ornament ideas are so much better than anything you can find on a shelf. Have kids show off their crafty side and include details to show off their personalities. Cover your tree and then save this project for years to come.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsBeads, Paint, Recycled Materials
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Hunter Green (#53502), Tomato (#53532), Purple (#51913)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glistening Gold (#401), Shimmering Silver (#402)
- 3 Compact Discs
- 24 gauge Non-Tarnishing wire: (1) 2 yard length Gold and (2) 2 yard lengths Silver.
- 10” length 1/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
- (2) 10” lengths 1/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
- 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
- (2) 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
- Assorted sizes and shapes of beads (silver, green, dark red, gold, blue & purple)
- (3) 4” lengths cloth covered floral wire
- (3) 8” lengths 20 gauge wire
- Nail large enough to make a 1/8" diameter hole
- Flat nose pliers
- Cardboard boxes for spray booth and drying ornaments.
- Dowel rod to fit across box for drying ornaments
- Wire cutters
To make a hole for hanging, use flat nose pliers to heat nail and push through CD about 1/8" from edge. Cool.
Twist one end of 20 gauge wire thru hanging hole and form hook on opposite end. This will serve as a handle while painting and drying.
Following manufacturer’s instructions, paint each CD a different color: Hunter Green, Purple, Tomato. Hang ornaments on dowel rods across box to dry completely. Remove wire when dry.
Adding beads: Refer to photograph. Anchor one end of the 24 gauge length of wire in the 1/8" hole. String beads in front of ornament only. Green and silver beads for green ornament; green, dark red and gold for red ornament; blue, purple and silver for purple ornament. Make 13 evenly spaced rows of beads around CD. Twist end of wire to back side of first wire. Trim excess wire.
Hanger and bow: Tie hanger ribbon thru 1/8" hole. Tie 2 loop bow. Slip floral wire thru knot in bow on back side. Wire to ornament thru 1/8" hole. Twist bow tails around fingers to shape and trim as desired.