We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to make a gorgeous DIY candle holder out of a stemless wine glass! The beautiful Tangerine Floating Candle Holder features unique painting techniques and recycled materials to make a truly lovely piece of DIY home decor. If you're looking to take your painting skills to the next level, this is a fantastic project for you. Using an airbrush and other exciting painting techniques, you'll create the swirling designs. Glitter and other accents make for a beautiful completed project. Floating candles in general are so lovely, and placing them in beautifully painted wine glasses is a great way to make a DIY centerpiece.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsGlass, Paint, Recycled Materials
Project TypeMake a Project
- Testors Aztek Airbrush
- Testors Paint Cups
- Testors Aztek Airbrushable Acrylic Paint Fluorescent Orange 9463, White 9440
- Testors Glosscote 1261
- E6000 adhesive
- Frog Tape
- Rubber bands in mixed thicknesses
- Craft knife
- Floating candle
- 2.75” x 5” stemless wine glass
- 4.75” DVD - 2
- Plastic gloves
- Paper towels
- Small container
Tips: Protect your work surface. Always allow paint and adhesives to dry completely before moving to the next step.
Place a wide rubber band around the wine glass. Turn the glass over onto the work surface. Press a ruler against the glass and slide the band down to meet it. Work around the entire glass to position the band evenly from the rim.
Place loose rubber bands on the work surface to keep the glass from rolling while you work. Wrap the top edge of the glass with Frog Tape aligning the tape edge against the rubber band. Press down the edges to seal them securely and avoid gaps.
Slide the band down the glass. Position it unevenly on the container creating a wavy line.
Add more bands the same way. Alternate the thickness of the bands, the wave, and the spacing between each.
Fill a paint cup and begin airbrushing the glass. Do not accidentally move any of the bands in the process.
Paint the blank areas until completely covered, including the glass bottom.
Pour a bit of the white paint into a small container. Dip an old toothbrush with soft bristles into the paint. Blot it lightly on paper towels.
With a gloved hand, drag across the bristles with your thumb, splattering white paint over the orange. Allow paint to dry.
With two fingers, hold both sides of each band firmly against the glass. To remove a band, press a craft knife into it to slice it. Control the band with our fingers. Do not allow it to snap or stretch across any of the paint.
Allow the paint to set for 24 hours then protect the paint by spraying the project with Glosscote. Follow the directions on the can.
With scissors, cut a DVD into irregular shaped pieces. Use caution as cut edges can be sharp.
With a toothpick apply E6000 to the backside of the pieces and press them mirror side out, to the glass in a random pattern.
Apply E6000 to the center of the mirror side of a second DVD and center the wine glass over it. Allow the glue to set.
Fill the glass with water to the first orange line at the top. Set a floating candle in the water.
Looking for something new to make? We've got you covered. Explore 11 DIY Craft Projects for Any Occasion. This beautiful free eBook features tutorials from top crafting companies, including Plaid, Leisure Arts, Sakura, Premier Yarns, Yarnspirations, Deflecto, FloraCraft, Fairfield, Testors, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® and Tonic Studios. Craft designers from these popular brands have put together beautiful DIY crafts for the home. Give a new craft a try or use your favorite skill to make one (or several!) of the projects in this free eBook: 11 DIY Craft Projects for Any Occasion
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Citronella Wine Bottle Crafts
- Absolutely Adorable DIY Mason Jar Candle
- Adorable Snowman Mason Jar Candle
- Beeswax Candles in a Jar
- 39 DIY Candle Holders and Candles
- Easy Candle Image Transfer
- 11 Ways To Learn How To Make A Candle
- Easy Photo Transfer Candles
- Cute DIY Teacup Candle
- Christmas Gel Candle
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Holly Christmas Napkin Rings
- Jean Dreams Tote
- How To Make A Pencil Case Out Of Paper?
- Pinch Me Crochet Lobster Hat
- Diy: Succulents In A Bowl
- Family Handprint Turkey
- Pumpkin Bunting
- Witch Hat Hair Accessory
- 31 Scary And Cute Free Halloween Printables You Will Love!
- Ghosts, Goblins, And Ghouls Halloween Word Scramble Games
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home