Sassy Plant Stakes
You can make these sassy plant stakes in so many different designs! If you're giving a plant to someone as a gift, consider using these Perler Bead patterns to make a coordinating plant stick to go with it.
- Cupcakes and Butterflies Kit
- Large Clear Square Pegboards: 2 Ct
- 1000 Beads-Light Pink
- 1000 Beads-Pink
- 1000 Beads-Red
- 1000 Beads-Light Green
- 1000 Beads-Parrot Green
- 1000 Beads-Purple Glitter
- 1000 Beads-Brown
- 1000 Beads-Black
- 1000 Beads-White
- Ironing Paper (6 sheets)
- Bead Tweezer Plus
- Trendy Heart Stickers
- Plant sticks or wooden skewers
- White paper
- Quick-drying adhesive
# Beads Needed for the Cupcake:
- Light Pink - 148
- Red - 7
- Light Green - 28
- Parrot Green - 38
- Purple Glitter - 15
- Brown - 3
- White - 8
# Beads Needed for the Love Bug:
- Light Pink - 22
- Pink - 139
- Black - 106
- Download the Colorful Plant Sticks Project Pattern. Use the cupcake and large square pegboards for your projects. If you’re using a clear pegboard, slide the actual-size pattern underneath it. Place all the beads for the design.
- Ask an adult to fuse your designs. Place your pegboard on a flat, heat-safe surface. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the pegboard. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
- Remove the paper and bead design from the pegboard. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two. Let cool completely. Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Your pegboards and ironing paper are reusable.
Note: Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required.
- Assembly: Glue a plant stick to the back of each of the bead designs.
For the cupcake, accordion-fold a 4" x 8 1/2" piece of white paper, then bring the ends together and glue to form a pinwheel. Glue the pinwheel to the back of the cupcake.
Decorate your bead designs and plant sticks with heart stickers, then place the finished plant sticks in a bouquet or potted plant.
Read Next76 Easy Craft Projects for Adults