No Sew Fabric Bookmarks
Wondering what to do with leftover fabric scraps? Turn them into these No Sew Fabric Bookmarks! These are great for handmade teacher gifts or stocking stuffers for book worms.
- Various pieces of fabric
- Starch spray
- No Sew Heat Bond
- Iron-on embellishment
- Iron the fabric using a medium heat, or a heat setting according to your fabric (you don't have to worry about washing it first unless you plan to wash them in the future).
- Lightly spray it with regular starch to help stiffen the fabric up a bit (follow starching directions on the can), do this on both sides.
- Fold the edges in on all sides and iron them flat, fold in half and iron a crease, unfold.
- Cut a piece of No Sew Heat Bond to half the size of the fabric and place it paper side up, iron for 2 seconds at medium dry heat (no steam).
- After it cools peal back the paper. The glue should be stuck to the fabric.
- Place the sides together evenly and flip it so that the glued side is closest to the iron.
- Iron at a medium heat for 10 seconds.
- Use an iron on embellishment (follow the embellishment directions).
Read NextBlessing Bags DIY
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 28, 2018
I wanted to make a small gift for the women in my book club and this will be just perfect. A bookmark to keep tract of the page you are on and you can use up some fabric statch and no sewing involved. So fast and easy and you can add on some embellishments too to give it a special touch.
Sep 09, 2017
These would make great gifts for teachers. My grand daughter seems like she has dozens of them! This is a good project for us to work on together. She can pick out the fabric and fo the cutting and I will handle the hot iron. Thank you for offering such a cute, easy and inexpensive idea.
Aug 31, 2017
I honestly do not like to sew. This is ideal for me. It is a craft and quite an easy one at that. I think it would be cute to cut out shapes and use this method, not only for bookmarks but for wreath embellishments. What a great way to make Christmas ornaments too.
Jun 25, 2017
Super cute idea!! I'm late in getting teacher gifts ready for the end of the year, and I think this will work perfectly!
Feb 16, 2017
No sew glue is the future for people who find sewing hard or scary. Does this glue stick to any material because i'd like to add some cardboard to the fabric just to make it stiff and more bookmark-like? A similar no sew project i tried made pillow covers and it turned out great.
Jan 06, 2017
These are so cute and we could even use them as birthday gifts for the kids' friends. Lots of fun patterns to try out.
Dec 13, 2016
These are so lovely! I think that you could do so many things with these like add little charms, or personalize them with initials for the person you are making them for so that they don't get mixed up with someone else's. I can see everyone trying to snag one of these for themselves. Do you have an idea for a bag to hold your favorite books to go with this idea?
Mar 11, 2013
I think these book marks are really creative and you can do so many different ones because of the multitude of different patterns and types of fabric. You can do sets or create gift baskets and matching book marks.
Mar 11, 2013
cam't wait to do this
Dec 12, 2012
Great idea for classmate gifts at Christmas. Thrifty and encourages reading ! Thanks for sharing ,
angelwinksde 46657 43
Sep 08, 2012
Fantastic idea! adding embellishment charms and tassles to one end. Giving as a birthday gift for a college friend......Thanks for the simple yet versatile and inexpensive idea.
Mar 12, 2012
Love this idea, something I can do with my granddaughter when she starts reading "big girl books" and the crafts bazaar my church has at Christmas time as a fund raiser. Great idea, very thrifty, green, costs nothing to make. Thanks for sharing!
Dec 19, 2011
Very nice and simple. Thanks for sharing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use