No Sew Fabric Bookmarks
Wondering what to do with leftover fabric scraps? Turn them into these No Sew Fabric Bookmarks! These are great for handmade teacher gifts or stocking stuffers for book worms.
- Various pieces of fabric
- Starch spray
- No Sew Heat Bond
- Iron-on embellishment
- Iron the fabric using a medium heat, or a heat setting according to your fabric (you don't have to worry about washing it first unless you plan to wash them in the future).
- Lightly spray it with regular starch to help stiffen the fabric up a bit (follow starching directions on the can), do this on both sides.
- Fold the edges in on all sides and iron them flat, fold in half and iron a crease, unfold.
- Cut a piece of No Sew Heat Bond to half the size of the fabric and place it paper side up, iron for 2 seconds at medium dry heat (no steam).
- After it cools peal back the paper. The glue should be stuck to the fabric.
- Place the sides together evenly and flip it so that the glued side is closest to the iron.
- Iron at a medium heat for 10 seconds.
- Use an iron on embellishment (follow the embellishment directions).
Read NextPocket Sized Hope Book