Embellished Patriotic Votive
Make your tabletop shine with a homemade Embellished Patriotic Votive from Linda Peterson. Patriotic crafts are a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July. Make a bunch and lay them out on your table before a cookout or party.
- Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles
- Fabric in color of choice
- Needle and thread
- Candle votive
- Clear tape
- Cut a circle from the fabric. Working on the wrong side of fabric, fold edges inward about 1/8”. Use a running stitch to stitch along outside of circle.
- Gently pull thread and gather to form your yo-yo. Knot thread and cut excess thread off with scissors.
- Wrap a contrasting piece of frayed fabric around the votive, tape in place.
- Apply glue dot to back of yo-yo and button.
- Press yo-yo over taped area on votive.
- Press button over yo-yo.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Fabric YoYo Embellished Candle Votive.