Bursting Candle Centerpiece
Acrylic spray paints and silk flowers have never been so pretty. You can make this amazing bursting candle centerpiece for your next holiday gathering. It's quick and easy and it'll make the table look great. Your guests will love it.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- Star, 12" x 1"
- Ball, 3"
- Silk flowers: red geraniums, one bush with six flower clusters; blue bachelor buttons, one spray with three flowers and two buds; white carnation, four stems; dusty miller, few sprigs
- 12" white taper candle
- Silver glitter dimensional paint
- Acrylic spray paints: true blue enamel, silver glitter
- 5/8" red/white/blue stripe wire-edge ribbon, 1-1/3 yds.
- Plastic candleholder
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Cloth-covered floral wire, 7" length
- Wired silver star garland
- Serrated knife
- Thick white craft glue
- Wax paper
- Wire cutters
- Wax knife with candle stub or paraffin and then cut foam ball in half. (Hint: Reserve one half ball for a future project.)
- Cut or break toothpick in half. Glue and insert toothpicks halfway into flat side of foam half ball. Glue the half ball to center of foam star, pushing extended toothpick joints into the foam.
- Spray paint foam true blue. Let dry. Spray silver glitter paint over blue basecoat. Let dry.
- Squeeze dots of silver dimensional paint evenly spaced around top edge of star. Let dry.
- Lightly spray silk flowers and greenery with silver glitter paint. Let dry.
- Cut flower stems to following lengths: geraniums: one 7", one 6", one 5", and three 3"; bachelor buttons: 7" each; carnations: one 7", one 5", one 4", and one 3". Reserve one excess 5" floral stem for bow.
- Using 1 yard of ribbon, make a six-loop bow with a center knot. Center remaining ribbon below bow for streamers and wire center to secure. Use floral tape to tape wire ends from bow to reserved 5" length of floral stem.
- Glue plastic candleholder to center top of half ball on foam star. Insert candle in holder.
- Arrange flowers, greenery, and bow around candle, inserting them into the foam half ball (refer to photo).
- Cut several 12"-15" lengths of star garland. Insert them in a cluster opposite bow, letting them curve downward like fireworks (refer to photo).
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read Next48 Fun 4th of July Decorating Ideas