Stars and Stripes Wine Bottle Centerpiece
This Independence Day, decorate your table with a Stars and Stripes Wine Bottle Centerpiece. It will look cute and patriotic, and it will also be unique amongst other people's store bought decorations. You could make it during a 4th of July party with your friends or craft club and send them home with a DIY wine bottle centerpiece for next year. This recycled wine bottle craft is bound to be used year after year.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Empty blue wine bottle
- Ball of red woolen thread
- White paper raffia
- 7 silver jem tin wires, 26 gauge and 14” long (found these at a baking supply store)
- Green florist wire
- Green floral tape
- 2 sheets of ordinary white printer paper
- 1.6” star-shaped cookie cutter
- Standard scissors
- Super Glue
- Wash the bottle and allow to dry upside down overnight. If necessary, use mineral turpentine to remove any glue residue from where the label was stuck.
- Add a drop of Super Glue to the heel of the bottle and glue the one end of the red woolen thread to the bottle.
- Wind the thread in a criss-cross pattern tightly all around the bottle until you have covered approximately 2” of the bottle. Cut the woolen thread and glue the second end of the thread to the bottle so that the thread won’t come undone.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 but now use the white paper raffia.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, again using the red woolen thread.
- Now make the floating stars:
- Use the cookie cutter to trace two stars onto the white printer paper and cut then out.
- Add Super Glue to the one star.
- Put one jem wire on the star before adding the second star on top of the first, and pressing down so that the Super Glue will stick the two stars together.
- Cut a piece sized 11” from the green florist wire and use floral tape to secure the bottom of the jem wire to the piece of floral wire.
- Continue making the other floating stars in the same way.
- Before adding the stars to the bottle, cut away different lengths of the bottom parts of the floral wire, so that the stars will not all be at the same height.
Read Next13 American Flag Decor Crafts