Patriotic Hat Centerpiece
Before guests arrive for your Fourth of July barbecue, make a Patriotic Hat Centerpiece to decorate your table. Easy July 4th crafts help get guests in the mood to party and celebrate our nation's birthday! Find a patriotic hat at your local party supply store and add glittered balls, silk roses and more.
- Plastic patriotic hat
- 2 small flags
- Block of Styrofoam cut to fit in the hat
- 12″ tall red white and blue spray of shiny stars with weighted bottom wrapped in Mylar
- Silk roses in red and white
- 12″ tall spray of white – I took mine from another weighted spray
- Wooden skewers
- Hot glue
- Glittered balls in red (optional)
Pour the marbles into the bottom of the upside down hat.
Put the Styrofoam block on the marbles.
Unwrap the Mylar from the bottom of the weighted red white and blue spray, and set in the center and fan it out.
At this point I’d like to point out that I didn’t glue mine together so it will come apart easily for storage, but you could certainly glue yours.
I bought my roses in bouquets, so I cut them off to place individually. Begin adding roses, pushing the stems through the foam. Angle the roses so that they fill in below the spray.
Cut the Mylar in 4 squares. Hot glue one corner of each piece to a wooden skewer and twist to secure. Push the Mylar pieces into the foam above the roses and around the spray.
Push the white spray onto one of the wires of the red white and blue spray so it stands highest in the center.
Push the 2 flags into the foam on opposite sides.
- Optional – glue red glitter balls around the brim of the hat.