Pansy Dishcloth and Potholder
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet a potholder with pansy embellishment and a dishcloth in matching colors. This pansy set crochet pattern from Lily Sugar n' Cream creates a lovely accent in any kitchen. To make the crochet flower bouquet pictured at top right, see the Pansies Bouquet Crochet Pattern.
- Yarn: Amounts given are for both Dishcloth and Potholder
Lily® Sugar’n Cream Twists
(Solids: 2.5 oz/70.9 g/109 m/120 yds)
(Ombres: 2 oz/56.7 g/86 m/95 yds)
Main Color (MC) (20315 Summer Twists) 2 balls
Lily® Sugar’n Cream (Solids: 2.5 oz/70.9 g/Ombres: 2 oz/56.7g)
Contrast A (00093 Soft Violet) 1 ball
Contrast B (01317 Hot Purple) 1 ball
Contrast C (00083 Cornflower Blue) 1 ball
Contrast D (00073 Sunshine) 1 ball
Contrast E (01712 Hot Green) 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: Size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Dishcloth: Approx 10 ins [25.5 cm] square.
Pot Holder: Approx 11 ins [28 cm] square.
Gauge: 15 sc and 16 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
With MC, ch 30.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 29 sc.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 tr in next sc (push tr post to RS of work). 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
4th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 sc in next sc. 1 tr in next sc (push tr post to RS of work). Rep from * to last 2 sc. 1 sc in each of last 2 sc. Turn.
5th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
Rep 2nd to 5th rows until work from beg measures 8 ins [20.5 cm], ending with 3rd or 5th row. Fasten off.
Edging: 1st rnd: Join A with sl st to any corner. Ch 1. 3 sc in same sp as sl st. *Work 29 sc to next corner. 3 sc in corner. Rep from * twice more. Work 29 sc to next corner. Join with sl st in first sc. Break A.
2nd rnd: Join C with sl st to any corner sc. Ch 1. (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in same sp as sl st. *(Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next sc) 14 times. Ch 1. Miss next sc.** (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in corner sc. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Join with sl st to first sc. Break C.
3rd rnd: Join B with sl st to any corner ch-1 sp. Ch 1. (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in same sp as sl st. *(Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in missed sc 1 row below) 15 times. Ch 1. Miss next sc.** (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in corner ch-1 sp. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Join with sl st to first sc.
4th rnd: Sl st in corner ch-1 sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc). 6 dc in same sp as last sl st. *Miss next ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Miss next ch-1 sp and sc. 5 dc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around, working 7 dc in corner ch-1 sps and ending with: miss next ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Miss next ch-1 sp and sc. Join with sl st to top of ch-3. Fasten off.
Front and Back: (make alike).
With C, ch 41.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch end of ch. 40 sc. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc across. Turn. Rep 2nd row 39 times more. Fasten off.
Edging: 1st rnd: Working through both thicknesses and with Front facing, join B with sl st in bottom left corner. Ch 1. 3 sc in same sp. Work 1 rnd of sc evenly around outer edges to join pieces, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. Working from left to right, instead of from right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
With D, ch 4. Join with sl st to form a ring.
1st rnd: Ch 1. (2 sc in ring. Ch 2) twice. (2 sc in ring. Ch 5) 3 times. Join with sl st to first sc. Break D.
2nd rnd: Join Color 2 with sl st to first ch-2 sp. Ch 2. (2 hdc. Ch 3. 1 sl st in first ch – Picot made. 2 hdc) all in same ch-2 sp. Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. (2 hdc. Picot. 2 hdc) all in next ch-2 sp. [Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. (1 hdc. 9 dc. 1 hdc) all in next ch-5 sp] 3 times. Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. Join with sl st to top of ch 2. Fasten off.
Leaf: (make 2). With E, ch 5.
1st rnd: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 dc in next ch. 5 dc in last ch.
Working into opposite side of ch into rem loops, 1 dc in next ch. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 sc in last ch. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Make 2 Pansies: 1 With A and 1 with B. Sew 2 Pansies and 2 Leaves in corner of Pot Holder (see picture).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 2 Strand Fold Basket
- Easy Ombre Dishcloth
- Granny Square Cloth Crochet Pattern
- Mop or Sweeper Cover Crochet Pattern
- Thick Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Aunt Bee's Gingham Dishcloth
- Crochet Doily in Pineapple Pattern
- Granny's Square Dishcloth
- Simple Border Pot Holder and Dishcloth
- Granny Crochet Dishcloth
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Peppermint Candies Wreath
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Idea
- 17 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
- Sparkly Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
- 25 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas
- Dashing Through The Snow Lighted Glass Decor
- DIY Clay Christmas Ornaments
- Cute Storage Plastic Container Craft
- Repurposed Map Ornaments
- Sparkly White Christmas Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home