48 Fun 4th of July Decorating Ideas
By: Caley Walsh, editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Deck out your home in red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July this year. This collection of patriotic craft ideas will give you a good place to start with your holiday decorating. Create a red, white, and blue wreath for your front door or some patriotic home decor for your upcoming Fourth of July party. Check out the 48 Fun Fourth of July Decorating Ideas below to find centerpieces, garden craft ideas, DIY flags, and more. Your kids can even join in on the fun by helping you paint and hang these projects!
48 Fun Fourth of July Decorating Ideas
Table of Contents
Independence Day isn't complete without some 4th of July crafts and recipes! Luckily, you can find both in our free eBook 4th of July Crafts and Recipes. You'll find red, white, and blue projects to keep your entire family busy all season long. Plus, the delicious recipes will make you want to celebrate. Gather up your favorite people and have a party - just be sure to save these 4th of July decorating ideas and delicious dishes for the occasions.
- Patriotic Starburst Bouquet: Celebrate your patriotism with this red, white, and blue craft project. This festive bouquet makes a great quick and easy Fourth of July decorating idea.
- Fourth of July Centerpiece: This patriotic centerpiece looks like a collection of fireworks made with fabric, glitter and more.
- Independence Day Centerpiece: For great Fourth of July decorating ideas, paint a collection of clay pots for your centerpieces and other accents.
- Bursting Candle Centerpiece: This colorful patriotic centerpiece is great for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, or whenever you're feeling proud to be an American! It will add color and zest to your next party!
- 4th of July Planter: Use plastic-canvas to decorate a patriotic planter and plant stake. The planter is assembled from inexpensive cardboard or mat board.
- Patriotic Star Pinwheel: Create a star pinwheel with patriotic paper for a fun Fourth of July craft project.
- Patriotic Wind Chime and Watering Can: Paint a triangle wind chime or watering can with red, white and blue for a bit of Americana decor, perfect for the Fourth of July decorating.
- Painted Stars and Stripes Planter: These colorful stars and stripes planters are perfect for a patriotic party or any summer garden.
- July 4th Clay Pot Bell: Ring the bells of freedom with this clay pot bell. It's easy to make and looks great hanging from a porch or garden stake.
- Grand Old Flag: Use fabric scraps and a foam block to create your own dimensional American flag.
- American Felt Flag: Use felt pieces to assemble a flat American Flag. You can hang this flag or use for table decorating this Fourth of July.
- American Flag Afghan: Follow this easy crochet afghan pattern to create an American flag, complete with white crochet stars.
- American Flag Placemat Tutorial: Use this step-by-step sewing tutorial to create an American flag placemat for a patriotic centerpiece or make many for dinner guests on Independence Day.
The Fourth of July isn't complete without fun patriotic decorations, and luckily, there are tons of great tutorials in our printable collection 4th of July Crafts. Get started today and turn your home into a haven for all things red, white, and blue. Whether you're planning for a picnic or hosting a cookout, these 4th of July decorating ideas will get you in the mood to celebrate. Create banners, centerpieces, and more this Independence Day and get ready to party.
- 4th of July Picnic Placemat: Featuring a handy pocket with a cross-stitch USA design, these placemats are perfect for a picnic. Keep eating utensils and a napkin in the pocket.
- Fourth of July Chalkboard Labels: Create miniature chalkboard labels to use again and again on the Fourth of July. These labels are create for buffets and place settings.
- Patriotic Cloth Napkins: Make your Fourth of July picnic a little more patriotic with homemade cloth napkins.
- Picnic Helpers Tutorial: Make your Fourth of July picnic or barbecue a little easier with this great craft project using empty aluminum cans.
- July 4th Utensil Bundles: These easy to make picnic bundles are a great way to store silverware for a picnice or outdoor party. These paper bundles are easy to make and will also serve as party decor! Gotta love crafts with double duty!
- 3D Felt Stars: Create table toppers or hanging ornaments with sturdy felt sheets in red, white and blue. The felt star stickers are optional.
- American Flag Plate: Serve your Fourth of July barbecue and other favorites on this patriotic, painted plate.
- Easy No-Melt Beeswax Candles: Create patriotic candles to accent any table with sheets of beeswax. These candles are eco-friendly and easy to make.
- July 4th Candleholders: Stacked clay pots make for thrifty Fourth of July decorating ideas. These patriotic candle holders also make great centerpieces.
- Patriotic Candle Holders: These cute Fourth of July candle holders are great for picnics or to take with you to the fireworks. Fill them with cintranella candles to keep the bugs away!
- 4th of July Star Wreath: Use die-cut stars to create a quick and easy Fourth of July wreath in your favorite scrapbook papers.
- 4th of July Star Wall Hanging: Create a dimensional star hanging for your Fourth of July decorating.
- American Stars Felt Garland: Red, white, and blue felt becomes a garland of patriotic stars in no time. String across a porch, along a fence line or down a long table.
- Patriotic Crochet Wreath: Use your crochet skills to create stars and flags for a Fourth of July wreath.
- Pleated American Flag Garland: This sweet bunted banner is made with felt, so it's lightweight and inexpensive. This is a great home decor option for everyone, and it looks great hanging outside or inside.
- July 4th Pop Rock Sticks NEW!
- Allium Fireworks Display
- Red, White, and Blue Bag NEW!
- Patriotic Throw Pillow Pattern
- Easy GOP Elephant Scrubby NEW!
- Democratic Donkey Scrubby NEW!
- Patriotic 4th of July Banner
- Americana Button Earrings
- Easy Patriotic Rag Wreath Recently updated
- Modern Americana DIY Vases
- Patriotic DIY Ribbon Wreath NEW!
- Star Spangled DIY Earrings NEW!
- Button Flag Tray
- American Pride Freedom Table
- Decorative Wooden Block Fourth of July Craft
- Yummy DIY S'mores Kits NEW!
- Patriotic DIY Napkin Rings
- Watermelon DIY Table Settings
- Americana Mason Jar
- Repurposed Patriotic Luminaries
Let us know:
What's your favorite Fourth of July tradition?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shrink Plastic Animal Keyholders
- Easy Princess Dress Pattern
- Sweet Chick Cup Cozy
- DIY Paper Star Decorations
- 4th of July Firecracker Treats
- DIY 4th of July Favors
- Baby Jacket/Cardigan
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Baby Shower Photo Cube Light
- Long Eared Bunny Basket