Easy Patriotic Rag Wreath
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Take a few hours before the Fourth of July to put together this Easy Patriotic Rag Wreath. When you see the results, you won't regret it! One of the best things about this project is that it uses scrap fabric. Grab some pieces of leftover fabric in reds, whites, and blues and cut them into straight strips. Then you can attach the strips to the wire frame to form your DIY wreath.
This Fourth of July craft is so easy that even the kids can help. Hang your chic new wreath on the front door to welcome guests during the upcoming summer holiday.
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
- 5 patriotic-themed fabric squares, 18" x 21" (4 of each theme)
- 18-inch wire wreath frame (4 rows)
- Rotary cutter and mat
Take a look at these other fun
and incredibly easy rag projects!
- Cute DIY Valentine Rag Wreath
- Rags-to-Rugs Craft
- Made-From-Scrap DIY Banner
- Old Sheets Wreath
- Fabric Storage Baskets
Cut each square of fabric into 1-inch wide strips. Each fabric square yields 17 or 18 strips about 21" long. Cut each strip in half (roughly 10" each), then organize the strips into piles.
Starting at the bottom of the wire frame and working clockwise, attach one strip of each color to the frame by tying each strip in a knot. Repeat the pattern 3 more times for each section on the bottom row of the frame (20 strips per section).
Finish attaching the strips for the remaining rows of the frame, but repeat the pattern 3 times (15 strips per section) instead of 4 (20 strips per section). This will make the wreath nice and full.
Once all of the strips are attached to the wreath, you can also add small patriotic decorations. Use the remaining fabric strips to attach the decorations to the frame.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home