Easy Patriotic Rag Wreath
By: Sherry Nappa from olives-n-okra.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Take a few hours before the Fourth of July to put together this Easy Patriotic Rag Wreath. When you see the results, you won't regret it! One of the best things about this project is that it uses scrap fabric. Grab some pieces of leftover fabric in reds, whites, and blues and cut them into straight strips. Then you can attach the strips to the wire frame to form your DIY wreath.
This Fourth of July craft is so easy that even the kids can help. Hang your chic new wreath on the front door to welcome guests during the upcoming summer holiday.
Primary Technique: Fabric Crafts
- 5 patriotic-themed fabric squares, 18" x 21" (4 of each theme)
- 18-inch wire wreath frame (4 rows)
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Cut each square of fabric into 1-inch wide strips. Each fabric square yields 17 or 18 strips about 21" long. Cut each strip in half (roughly 10" each), then organize the strips into piles.
- Starting at the bottom of the wire frame and working clockwise, attach one strip of each color to the frame by tying each strip in a knot. Repeat the pattern 3 more times for each section on the bottom row of the frame (20 strips per section).
- Finish attaching the strips for the remaining rows of the frame, but repeat the pattern 3 times (15 strips per section) instead of 4 (20 strips per section). This will make the wreath nice and full.
- Once all of the strips are attached to the wreath, you can also add small patriotic decorations. Use the remaining fabric strips to attach the decorations to the frame.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Red, White, and Blue Bag
- Fourth of July Cooking Utensils
- American Flag Afghan
- Patriotic Starburst Bouquet
- 48 Fun 4th of July Decorating Ideas
- Stars and Stripes Tote
- 4th of July Star Wreath
- July 4th Candleholders
- "4th of July Crafts and Recipes" eBook
- 11 Cute and Easy July 4th Craft Ideas + 6 New Patriotic Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow