Bright Ribbon Eggs
These beautiful, elaborately decorated eggs are a step above traditionally dyed Easter eggs. They work perfectly as an eye-grabbing centerpiece or a unique place card.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Egg, 6"
- Floral-print tissue paper, one sheet
- Ribbon: wide, three different styles of choice, total of four 16" lengths; narrow, one 10" length
- Wooden skewer
- Paintbrushes: 1" stiff; small flat
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Straight pins
- Thin, white craft glue or découpage medium
- Cut or tear tissue paper into 1" - 2" pieces. Push skewer into center bottom of foam egg for handle.
- Working one section at a time, use stiff brush to spread thin layer of glue onto egg surface.
- Use small brush to gently spread glue onto back of one tissue section, paying close attention to edges. Position paper on egg, and carefully smooth tissue onto egg, clipping edges as needed to paper lays flat against surface. Use same brush to apply additional tissue paper until egg is covered, overlapping pieces as needed.
- Place skewer in heavy glass or jar; let egg dry completely. Remove skewer.
- Cut four 16" lengths from ribbons of choice. Beginning and ending at center bottom, glue ribbons lengthwise around egg, dividing it into eight equal sections as shown. Clip ribbon edges as needed so ribbon lays flat against surface. Apply additional glue to clipped edges as needed; secure ribbon with pins until dry. Remove pins.
- Tie narrow ribbon into bow and glue to tip of egg; trim ends as desired.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.