Metallic Mason Jar DIY Make Up Bag
Use Oly Fun, DecoFoil, die cuts, and more to create a chic little homemade cosmetics bag.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Turn Therm-o-Web foils and metallic OlyFun into a great make up bag. Definitely a super simple sewing project that is perfect for make up, school, supplies, and so much more."
Making your own DIY cosmetics bag allows you to add some flair to your accessorizing. When it comes to constants in your life, your make-up bag is always by your side! So, why not create a DIY craft to carry around and be proud of? The Metallic Mason Jar DIY Make Up Bag is a stunning project that utilizes DecoFoil and Oly Fun to create one impressive free bag pattern. Metallic and glamorous, this tutorial shows you how to add a cute little Mason Jar design to your bag, but you could easily customize this craft project idea with a different cut-out.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Metallic Oly Fun in Silver
Mason Jar Sizzix Die
- Deco Foil in aqua and silver
- Deco Foil foam adhesive
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
If you are a fan of Mason Jars, check out our full collection of Mason Jar crafts for every occasion - 17 Easy Crafts with Mason Jars
Cut Mason Jar and lid from Deco Foil foam adhesive using Sizzix Mason Jar die.
Remove liner from one side of foam adhesive shaped mason jar and apply it to aqua foil. Peel back to reveal that foil is now on the mason jar. Repeat for any areas that do not foil correctly. Repeat with silver foil for mason jar lid.
Take one sheet of 12 inch by 12 inch metallic Oly Fun in silver and fold it in half. Remove lining from other side of mason jar to reveal adhesive. Arrange and stick on the Oly Fun. Press well. Remove any air bubbles with straight pin. Repeat with mason jar lid.
Sew onto a bag and add zipper to the top of the pouch. I followed an online tutorial for adding in the zipper.
Turn right side out and enjoy your new make up bag!
Find even more ways to make DIY bags and purses in this collection of accessory free sewing patterns - 18 Free Sewing Patterns for Purses and Bags
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Kindness Changes Everything DIY Tote Bag
- Country Girl at Heart Tote
- Free Bag Patterns: 40+ Sewing Patterns for Purses, Tote Bags, and More
- Sew Easy Skirt Tote
- Indian Clutch Purse
- Easy Placemat Purse
- Precious Pillowcase Purse
- DIY Painted Tote Bag
- DIY Fashion Tote with Ombre Tassels and Pom Poms
- No-Sew Tee Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Spa Slippers
- Lovely Victorian Lace Heart ❤️ Ornament
- Rose Milk Bath Tea
- How To Make A Sherpa Fleece And Flannel Blanket
- Heart Block Pillow Pattern
- Wax Air Freshener With Dried Flowers
- Diy Bird Feeders
- Winter Rays Hat
- Chunky Heart Pillow
- How To Miter Corners
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home