Recycled Handbag Picnic Caddy
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Put an old, broken handbag to good use this summer by turning it into a picnic caddy. The Recycled Handbag Picnic Caddy combines pieces of a handbag, a wire rack, some tin cans, and more to create an organized place to store silverware, condiments, and other supplies for your next picnic. These recycled project ideas have many compartments on the outside and inside to keep you from losing things. Paint all of the elements of your DIY picnic caddy the same color to make it look like new!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsPaint, Recycled Materials
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old handbag
- pallet off cuts
- empty tins
- wire basket (optional)
- spray paint
- Wood glues and screws
Cut the pallet off cuts into two pieces measuring 16cm x 14cm and two pieces measuring 19cm x 14cm. The pieces were glued and screwed together to form a box. We also added two bits of wood to the bottom of the box so that the cutlery wouldn’t fall out and sprayed the box black.
We used galvanized fencing staples to attach the handbag handles and we drilled four small holes on the side of the box and hammered in the wire baskets, one on each side.
Put the tin cans inside to hold your cutlery and it's ready to be used.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make these super cute slippers and lounge around the house. Grandma's Knitted Slippers also make great gifts for your favorite people.… Continue reading: "Grandma's Knitted Slippersvideocam"
- Precious Pillowcase Purse
- Paracord Bottle Wrap
- Multipurpose Paracord Drawstring Bag
- DIY Fashion Tote with Ombre Tassels and Pom Poms
- Free Bag Patterns: 40+ Sewing Patterns for Purses, Tote Bags, and More
- Mermaid At Heart Tote Bag
- DIY Painted Tote Bag
- No-Sew Tee Tote
- Denim Pocket Purse
- Sew Easy Skirt Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tide Knot Summer Mesh Sweater
- Cute Cat Coasters
- C2c Rainbow And Coffee Cup Afghan Square
- Simple Heather Grey Cowl
- Easy Diy Face Masks Without Elastic
- Glow In The Dark Plastic Water Bottle Bowling
- Blueberry Lemon Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- 11 Radiant Rainbow Crafts and Rainbow Art
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home