Elf Size Stocking Ornament
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make this precious Elf-Size Stocking Ornament from Red Heart Yarn. This is one of the cutest crochet Christmas ornament patterns out there and would make a great gift when filled with chocolate covered pretzels or little homemade candies. You could also use these cute stockings as place card holders for a holiday get-together. Finally, you can use these sweet mini stockings to hang on your tree. Fill them with little treats for the kids as a little holiday bonus come Christmas morning.
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday Yarn in Green with Silver Metallic (A)
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday Yarn in White with Silver Metallic (B)
- 1 ball Red Heart Holiday Yarn in Red with Silver Metallic (C)
- 4mm (US G-6) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 16 sts = 4"; 16 rows = 4" in sc. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Stockings measure 7½" high x 4½" at widest part of foot.
Work in color sequence alternating 2 rows A and 2 rows B.
Beginning at top edge with A, ch 32.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across; turn – 31 sc.
Hanging Loop-Row 2: Ch 1, skip first 9 sc for hanging loop, sc in last 22 sc for stocking; turn – 22 sc.
Leg-Rows 3-18: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Shape Foot-Row 19: Ch 1, sc in first 8 sc, [2 sc in next sc] 6 times, sc in last 8 sc; turn – 28 sc.
Row 20: Ch 1, sc in first 8 sc, [2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc] 6 times, sc in last 8 sc; turn – 34 sc.
Row 21: Ch 1, 2 sc in first sc, sc across to last sc, 2 sc in last sc; turn – 36 sc.
Rows 22-26: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Shape Toe-Row 27: Ch 1, sc in first 12 sc; draw up a loop in next 2 sc, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook – sc2tog made] 6 times, sc in last 12 sc; turn – 30 sc.
Row 28: Ch 1, sc2tog over first 2 sc, sc in next 10 sc, [sc2tog] 3 times, sc in next 10 sc, sc2tog over last 2 sc; turn – 25 sc.
Row 29: Ch 1, sc2tog over first 2 sc, sc to last 2 sc, sc2tog over last 2 sc. Fasten off.
Top Border-Row 1: Working on opposite side of beginning ch and skipping the 9 ch of hanging loop, with right side facing, join C to first st after hanging loop; ch 1, sc in each ch across; turn – 22 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in back loop of each sc across; turn.
Rows 3-5: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Row 6: * Slip st in next sc, ch 5, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, [3 sc in next ch] 3 times, slip st in next sc; repeat from * across. Fasten off.
Join C in first free loop of Row 2; ch 1, sc in front loop of each sc across. Fasten off.
- Finishing: Sew back and bottom seams of stocking. Sew border seam keeping hanging loop on outside.
Work same as Striped Stocking except in the following color sequence:
Rows 1-8: C.
Rows 9-12: A.
Rows 10-29: C.
Top Border-Rows 1-4: Work same as for Striped Stocking with B.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first sc, * ch 4, skip 2 sc, sc next sc; repeat from * across; turn.
Row 6: Ch 1, slip st in first sc, * 5 sc in ch-4 space, slip st in next sc; repeat from * across. Fasten off.
Join B in first free loop of Row 2; ch 1, sc in front loop of each sc across. Fasten off.
Finishing: Sew back and bottom seams of stocking. Sew border seam keeping hanging loop on outside.
Bow: With A, ch 51.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 50 sc.
- Rows 2 and 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn. Fasten off. Tie piece into a bow and sew in place on Rows 9-12 as shown.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Simple Striped Santa Stockings
Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
Winter Snowman Dishcloth
Little Stocking Ornaments
Christmas Pinwheel Placemat and Coasters
34 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts
Lily Sugar'n Cream Crochet Stocking
Chubby Christmas Crochet Elf Patterns
14 Free Christmas Stocking Crochet Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mind-Boggling Pineapple Adult Coloring Page
- Silk Tie Easter Eggs
- Spring Crafts for Kids: Cute Bunny
- Free Bag Patterns: 40+ Sewing Patterns for Purses, Tote Bags, and More
- Paracord Projects: 11 Pretty Ideas for What to Make out of Paracord
- 46 Free Crochet Patterns for Stuffed Animals
- Interlocking Triangles Earrings
- 8" Tapestry Shamrock Afghan Square
- Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Easy Easter Centerpiece
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home