Santa Dishcloth Pattern
This crochet Christmas dishcloth pattern is just the thing to bring the holiday spirit to your kitchen!
Bring in the holiday season with the Santa Dishcloth Pattern. Using dishcloth-friendly yarns, Red Heart Scrubby Cotton and Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie, you can let Santa do your dishes this year! This adorable crochet Christmas dishcloth pattern is just the thing to bring the holly jolly spirit to your kitchen! It's almost too pretty to use. Make a couple to get you through winter or start working up a bunch as a quick and easy crochet Christmas gift for everyone you know.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge15 sc and 16 rows = 4” [10 cm].
Finished SizeApprox 6” [15 cm] square
- Red Heart® Scrubby Cotton™ (3.5 oz/100 g; 145 yds/133 m) Contrast A Cotton (7100) 1 ball
- Red Heart® Scrubby Smoothie™ (3.5 oz/100 g; 153 yds/140 m) Contrast B Tan (9330) 1 ball
- Red Heart® Scrubby Smoothie™ (3.5 oz/100 g; 153 yds/140 m) Contrast C Cherry (9319) 1 ball
- Size U.S. I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
With A, ch 22.
1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of chain. Turn. 21 sts
2nd to 7th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn. At end of 7th row, break A. Join B.
8th row: With B, ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 10 sts. Bobble in next st. 1 sc in each of last 10 sts. Turn.
9th to 14th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn. At end of 14th row, break B. Join A. Turn.
15th row: With A, ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
16th and 17th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn. At end of 17th row. break A. Join C.
18th row: With C, ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
19th to 24th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn. Do not fasten off after 24th row.
Ch 10 for hanging loop. Sl st in first ch to form hanging loop. Fasten off.
Finishing: Join A with sl st to base of hanging loop. Ch 1. 20 sc in ring. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
With A, chain stitch Eyes as shown in photo.
- (Yoh and draw up a loop in next stitch or space. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 5 times. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook.
- Single crochet
- Sl st
- Slip stitch
- Yarn over hook