We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Bring a touch of tropical sunshine into your winter decorations with this Hawaiian Christmas Table Runner. Made using brightly colored snowflakes, this crocheted table runner is sure to brighten up your holiday table! This runner could also act as crafty inspiration for trying new colors this holiday season. If you're sick of the same old red and green, try playing around with brighter blues, and pinks to create something you can easily have on display all winter long.
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love® yarn in Blue Hawaii (A)
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love® yarn in Evergreen (B)
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love® yarn in Bubblegum (C)
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love® yarn in Holly Berry (D)
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
- Assembly Diagram
Gauge: 1 motif = 6" (15 cm) from point to point, stretched. Gauge is not critical for this project but keep tension tight.
Special Stitch and Techniques:
- Picot = ch 4, slip st in last sc made.
- Adjustable-ring method = Wrap yarn into a ring, ensuring that the tail falls behind the working yarn. Grip ring and tail firmly between middle finger and thumb. Insert hook through center of ring, yarn over (with working yarn) and draw up a loop. Work stitches of first round in the ring, working over both strands (the tail and the ring). After the first round of stitches is worked, pull gently, but firmly, on tail to tighten ring.
- Runner is made from 28 snowflake motifs arranged into 3 rows of 9, 10, and 9 motifs each.
- Each motif is worked in joined rounds with right side facing at all times.
- Motifs are sewn to neighboring motifs through center picots in the last rounds. Hold the motifs with wrong sides together as you sew through ch-4 spaces.
- Make and join motifs to neighboring motifs according to Assembly Diagram and instructions.
Runner measures 15" wide x 60" long (38 x 152.5 cm).
Motif (make 28 – 9 with A, 9 with B, 6 with C, and 4 with D)
- Make an adjustable ring.
- Round 1 (right side): Ch 4 (counts as first dc, ch 1), dc in ring, *(ch 1, dc) in ring; repeat from * 9 times, ch 1; join with slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch—12 dc and 12 ch-1 spaces. Pull gently, but firmly, on tail to tighten ring.
- Round 2: Slip st in first ch-1 space, sc in same space, ch 8, sc in next ch-1 space, sc in next dc, *sc in next ch-1 space, ch 8, sc in next ch-1 space, sc in next dc; repeat from * 4 times; join with slip st in first sc—18 sc and 6 ch-8 spaces.
- Round 3: Work ([4 sc, picot] 3 times, 4 sc) in first ch-8 space (spoke made), skip next sc, slip st in next 2 sc, *([4 sc, picot] 3 times, 4 sc) in next ch-8 space, skip next sc, slip st in next 2 sc; repeat from * 4 times; join with slip st in first sc—6 spokes. Fasten off.
- With right sides facing, arrange motifs as shown in the assembly diagram. With wrong sides of neighboring spokes held together and matching center picots, sew through ch-4 spaces of center picots to join, matching yarn to one or the other color. Weave in ends.
- Wet block runner by stretching spokes of each motif evenly, pin in place, and spray with water. Allow to dry thoroughly before handling.
You can find this project-and many more-in our new free eBook, 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Ideas.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
Simple Striped Santa Stockings
Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
14 Free Christmas Stocking Crochet Patterns
Lily Sugar'n Cream Crochet Stocking
Little Stocking Ornaments
34 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts
25 Free Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns
Home for the Holidays Afghan
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Clay Pot Graduation Cupcake Stand
- Fruit Inspired Mason Jars
- Origami Cup
- Quick and Easy Striped Quilt
- Crayon Pouch
- "Mom" Wall Hanging Picture Frame
- Spring Tulips Washcloth
- Three Flowers
- Summer Sun Ponchette
- Watermelon Chunky Slippers for Kids
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home