Lavender Shell Afghan
If you're looking for free crochet blanket patterns, try this pretty pastel piece. This project is great for beginners. The Lavender Shell Afghan from Roseanna Beck has a delicate scalloped design and striped pattern that is sure to give you warm fuzzies.
Cute and easy crochet projects like this make great security blankets for toddlers and perfect baby shower gifts. You could tailor the colors to make the perfect afghan for a baby boy or girl. The mother-to-be will love this soft, snuggly baby blanket!
Find this beautiful project and more in our collection of 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns.
Size: 40” x 44”
- 680 yds. Light Lavender Red Heart 4-ply yarn (L)
- 310 yds. Petal Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn (P)
- 310 yds. White Red Heart 4-ply yarn (W)
- H hook or size needed for gauge
Gauge: 4 rows – 2 ¼”
Shell, sc, Shell, sc – 2 ½”
- Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
- Special Stitch = Shell – 3 dc
Row 1 – With lavender ch 126, sc in 2nd ch from hook, *skip 1 ch, Shell in next ch, skip 1 ch, sc in next ch, rep from * across, sc in last ch, ch 3 and turn. (31 Shells)
Row 2 – Dc in same sp, *sc in center dc of Shell, Shell in next sc, rep from *across ending 2 dc in last sc, ch 1 and turn. (30 Shells)
Row 3 – Sc in same sp, *Shell in next sc, sc in center dc of Shell, rep from * across ending sc in last st, ch 3 and turn.
Row 4 – Rep Row 2 and fasten off.
Row 5 – With pink sc in first dc, continue with Row 3.
Row 6 – Rep Row 2 and fasten off.
Rep Rows 3 and 2 as follows:
4 L 2 P 2 W (9 times) ending 4 L (76 rows)
1. With lavender work along top edge (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in right corner dc, *(sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sc, sc in center dc of Shell, rep from * across ending (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in last dc.
2. Work along side edge (sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in each sc sp across ending (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in first ch of bottom edge.
3. Work along bottom edge *(sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sc, sc in center dc of Shell, rep from * across ending (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in last ch st.
4. Work along side edge (sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in each sc sp across, join to beg sc and fasten off.
If you want even more free crochet afghan patterns,
check out these 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
for Beginners for some amazingly easy projects!
Read NextFree Crochet Scrapghan Pattern