Juicy Fruit Afghan Crochet Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Great for those cooler summer nights, this Juicy Fruits Afghan is a great way to bring bright colors (and a little warmth) into your home. Made with brightly colored yarn, this crocheted afghan pattern also makes a great gift for teens and new apartment owners. The name really says it all - the bright colors make this a true delight. In fact, it can be displayed like real piece of art. Free afghan crochet patterns may not scream summer, but this project truly breaks the mold.
- 4 skeins RED HEART® With Love®: yarn in Aran (A)
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love®: yarn in Hot Pink (B)
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love®: yarn in Mango (C)
- 1 skein RED HEART® With Love®: yarn in Lettuce (D)
- 5mm [H-8 US] Susan Bates® Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 2 shells = 4” (10cm) in pattern; 7 rows = 4” (10 cm).
CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Beginning Cross-stitch (beg cross-st) = Dc in space after the sc and before the next 5-dc group one row below, ch 1, dc in space before the same sc and previous 5-dc group.
- Cross-stitch (cross-st) = Dc in next ch-space after next sc two rows below, ch 1, dc in chspace before same sc.
There's never a bad time to start working on a free crochet pattern, whether it's a big afghan or a little accessory. The designs featured in 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns are unique and fun to make. Give them as a gift or save them for yourself - the choice is yours. Either way, you'll be so glad you took the time to check out these free crochet patterns.
- When instructed to work into a stitch or space “2 rows below”, work into the row numbered 2 less than the current row. For example, if you are working Row 5, a stitch “2 rows below” is in Row 5 – 2 = Row 3.
- To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color.
Throw measures 55” X 45” (139.5 X 114.5 cm)
With B, ch 152.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *skip next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across; change to A, turn—Twenty-five 5-dc groups and 26 sc.
Row 2: Ch 2, dc in first sc, ch 1, sc in center st of next 5-dc group, ch 1, *beg cross-st, ch 1, sc in center st of next 5-dc group, ch 1; repeat from across to last sc, 2 dc in last sc, turn—24 cross-sts and 25 sc.
Row 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in first dc, sc in next sc, *5 dc in ch-1 space of next cross-st, sc in next sc; repeat from * across to last 2 dc, skip next dc, 3 dc in top of beginning ch-2, change to C, turn—Twenty-four 5-dc groups, two 3-dc groups, and 25 sc.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, ch 1, skip next 2 dc, cross-st, ch 1, *sc in center st of next 5-dc group, ch 1, cross-st, ch 1; repeat from * across to last 3 dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in top of beginning ch-3, turn—25 cross-sts and 26 sc.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first sc, 5 dc in ch-1 space of next cross-st, *sc in next sc, 5 dc in ch-1 space of next cross-st; repeat from * across to last sc, sc in last sc; change to A, turn— Twenty-five 5-dc groups and 26 sc.
Rows 6 and 7: Repeats Row 2 and 3; change to D in last st of Row 7.
Repeat Rows 4-7 changing color in the following sequence: [2 rows each of D, A, B, A, C, A] 8 times, then 2 rows D. Fasten off.
With right side facing, join A with slip st in first sc to work across st of last row; ch 3, 6 dc in same st as join, *skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, 6 dc in next sc; repeat from * to last sc, 7 dc in last sc; working down long side and in ends of rows, **sc in space between next 2 B rows, 6 dc in sc of next color row, skip next color row;** repeat from ** to Row 1, 7 dc in the base of the first sc of Row 1; working across opposite side of foundation chs of Row 1, ***sc in loop below next 5-dc group, 6 dc in loop below next sc; repeat from *** to last loop, 7 dc in last loop; working up 2nd long side and in ends of rows, repeat between ** and ** to last row; join with slip st in top of beginning ch-3. Fasten off.
You don't have to be a baby to appreciate the designs of these easy crochet afghan patterns. In fact, 36 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners includes a ton of fun projects that adults can curl up with, too. There's nothing better than a warm afghan in the winter, so start working on one of these patterns before the weather gets warm. These crochet afghan patterns make great baby shower gifts, too.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Turn discarded plastic utensils into cute flowers with this Plastic Spoon Roses DIY Recycled Craft tutorial. If you like recycled… Continue reading: "Plastic Spoon Roses DIY Recycled Craftvideocam"
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Andante Crochet Throw
- 7 Caron Cakes Blanket Patterns
- Basketweave Twists Afghan
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- Fast Care Package Throw
- Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Scarf
- Fork Pleats
- Diy Tree Skirt
- Diy Tissue Paper Tassels
- Diy Decorative Christmas Matchboxes
- Minnie Mouse Christmas Wreath
- Jolly Snowman Christmas Wreath
- Christmas Tree Ornament Art
- Make Your Own Up Disney Christmas Ornament
- Unicorn Christmas Ornament
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home