39 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
By: Caley Walsh, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use these free baby knitting patterns to create an instant family heirloom. Knit a baby afghan, toy or clothing as a shower gift or to welcome the newest member of your family. Free online knitting patterns such as these are a great way to learn and refine knitting technique. Plus, they can help you save money! Create these cute knitting patterns for yourself of share with as baby shower gifts.
The baby clothes knitting patterns include baby booties knitting patterns, free knitting patterns for baby sweaters and other free knitting patterns for baby. The baby afghan knitting patterns and knitting baby blanket patterns include easier patterns to work up quickly and those with more intricate designs and shapes. If you prefer to loom knit, we have a knitting loom pattern for baby, too!
39 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
Table of Contents
Looking for free knit patterns for baby blankets and more?
Check out Baby Love, a free downloadable eBook filled with patterns from Red Heart Yarns. It's filled with knit patterns for baby hats, free knitting patterns for babies, free crochet baby afghan patterns, and free baby knit patterns.
Free baby knitting patterns, like these cute baby booties, are great if you want to make baby shower gifts.
- Baby Layette Knitting Pattern: These cute baby booties come with a full set of knitted baby clothes. Make baby happy and comfortable with this special gift.
- Simply Adorable Baby Booties: These free baby knitting patterns are so cute and cozy. Best of all, this booties and hat set work up quickly.
- Baby Booties Knitting Pattern: Free knitting patterns for babies, like this booties pattern, are so soft and cute, making them perfect for baby boy or girl.
- Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties: These cute booties are colorful and fun, great for a summer or spring baby! Baby knitting patterns like this make great gifts for any occasion!
- Little Red Slippers: These knit Mary Janes are adorable for babies 3-18 months old. They can be worn during holidays or any other time of year!
Free knitting patterns for baby clothes make great beginner projects, and these easy sweater knitting patterns for babies are easy to make and work up quickly. You can customize them to be appropriate for a little baby boy or girl.
- Baby Hoodie Kitting Pattern: You only need one or two balls of yarn to make these free baby knitting patterns.
- Baby Poncho Knitting Pattern: Baby knitting patterns like this one are great for when baby starts moving around.
- Pom Pom Knit Baby Jacket: This is the cutest little baby sweater set! Made in bright sunshine yellow, knit baby clothes like this are great for boys and girls alike.
- Soft Knit Baby Hoodie: Babies and toddlers alike will love free knitting patterns like this one! It's so soft and cuddly that they'll never want to take it off!
- Bright Red Pullover: A lovely cable runs down the center of this pullover, making this free baby knitting pattern stylish and textured.
- Asian Inspired Baby Jacket: Put those knitting needles to use with baby sweater knitting patterns like this one! Make an Asian-inspired jacket for your worldly baby or toddler to wear.
- Baby Knit Kimono: If you're looking for free baby knitting patterns that most babies don't have, look no further than this project. Knit that little one a kimono full of color and design. This project uses an easy garter stitch that any beginner can master.
- Baby Wrap Jacket: Try this one for a baby wrap jacket if you're looking for easy baby knitting patterns. It's a great homemade gift for a baby to wear in colder weather!
- Chunky Baby Hoodie: Create a cozy sweater for your special little guy or gal with free knitting pattern. This colorful hoodie will keep your baby nice and warm.
New to knitting? Everyone has to start somewhere, and this free eBook is perfect for beginners. Download a copy of Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns and discover how easy it is to get started. In this eBook, you'll find how patterns for slippers, ponchos and even baby clothes.
Looking for free knitting patterns for baby blankets? Well, here's a great selection of afghans that are great for baby!
- Baby Afghan Knitting Pattern: Who doesn't love knitted baby blankets? Free patterns like this are too good to pass up!
- Blue and White Baby Blanket: Little boys will love cuddling up with this knit baby blanket pattern. Knitting patterns like this make great gifts for baby showers.
- Duck Baby Blanket Pattern: Free knitting patterns for baby blankets like this one are great for the nursery or cuddling up after bathtime!
- Knit Chevron Baby Blanket: Knitting patterns for babies make great beginner knitting projects, and this blanket is no exception. It's great for a boy or girl and it's easy to mix and match colors.
- Plaid Blanket for Babies: Learm how to knit a baby blanket that will be with your child for a long time.
- Baby Blue Blanket: Perfect for the beginning knitter, this pattern is easy and fun to make, and you can just as easily use pink yarn for a little baby girl.
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan: Add a touch of color to any room using this striped, eight-row blanket. This is one of those cute baby afghan knitting patterns that you can't miss. Two additional rows of knitting help to create a nice clean border around this classic piece.
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket: Create a gorgeous knit baby blanket for your little boy or girl. This simple pattern will add a splash of color in your baby's room. Made with super soft yarn, your baby will love snuggling in with this blanket.
- Radiating Squares Baby Blanket: Full of color, this free baby blanket knitting pattern is super fun. Your tiny tot will love carrying this soft blanket around everywhere they go.
- Lacy Stitch Blanket: This easy knit baby blanket is perfect for naptime. With a fun rippled texture, this pattern is absolutely adorable. Create it for the special little guy or gal in your family or give it as a baby shower present.
Free knit patterns for baby blankets are all well and good, but babies love toys, too! These free baby knitting patterns are all toys that baby can play with during his or her first years!
- Baby Bunny Knitted Toy: This floppy eared bunny is easy to make and even easier to love! Knit baby patterns like this make excellent gifts...and baby can't have enough toys!
- Easy Knit Teddy Bear: Make baby something fun and cute to cuddle with! Free baby knitting patterns like this can be made with any color yarn you'd like.
- Kitten Toy Knitting Pattern: This free baby knitting pattern is meant to be snuggled! Made with soft yarn, this knit kitty makes a wonderful handmade gift for a new baby.
- Knit Buddies: This girl and boy doll set is adorable and easy to make! Have fun dressing them in the creative knit outfit of your choice! Baby knit patterns like this one always make a huge impression.
- Pink Piglet Knitting Pattern: This free knitting pattern will help you make an adorable little pig your child will cherish. With it's cute swirly tail and perky ears, it's too cute. Now all you need to do is make a little Winnie the Pooh to keep it company.
- Adorable Knit Puppy: Create a puppy as cute as the real thing, but without all the hair, with this adorable free knitting pattern. This little four-legged friend is super cute.
- Knit Sock Monkey: This classic toy is perfect for a beginning knitter. With it's simple design, this monkey will be ready to play around as the baby gets older. Cute as a button, this would make a great baby gift.
Expand your expertise and give these easy baby knitting patterns a try. You can create so many warm and cozy wearable for your favorite little girl or guy - all you need is a set of needles and some cozy yarn. Get inspired by these free baby knit patterns and see what you can accomplish.
- Angels Baby Bunting: This cozy baby wrap is great for the wintertime. Babies will love being tucked up in this cute wrap.
- Baby Jester Hat: Two sweet pom-poms top off this fun knit hat for baby. This baby hat knitting pattern can be adjusted from 6 months to 24 months. You only need one ball of yarn for this hat, making it a wonderful gift or quick project.
- Cuddly Bear Hat: This cuddly hat from is too cute for words! It fits baby's size 3-18 months and is a great project for all levels of knitters. If you're looking for a cute baby shower gift idea, you'll always score big with easy baby knitting patterns.
- Checkered Knit Baby Set: Create a comfy cardigan and matching hat for your special little guy or gal with this fun baby set. This darling design is full of texture and will look absolutely adorable. Perfect for a baby up to 24 months, this would make a great baby shower gift.
- Sweet and Easy Baby Hat: Let this easy baby knitting pattern keep your little one warm. This is a quick and easy project, leaving you more time to snuggle up with your baby.
- Super Easy Newborn Hat: Practice your knitting skills with this beginner's baby hat knitting pattern. Using two colors, this baby knitting pattern keeps it cute and simple. Before you bring baby home make sure you've created this darling little hat.
- Baby Layette Knitting Pattern: Your baby will look absolutely angelic in this knit baby jacket and matching bonnet. With a simple design and satin ribbon details, this pattern is sweet as sugar.
- Stretchy Baby Hat: Using stretchy yarn this baby hat fits comfortably without sliding around. This baby hat knitting pattern will protect them from the cold and keep them comfortable at the same time. Keep your little guy or gal nice and warm with this adorable hat.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 19 Fun and Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Knit Bow Tie Dog Collar Free Knitting Pattern
- Robyn Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Little Bunny Easy Sewing Pattern
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card