Baby Blue Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a quick baby blanket pattern that's perfect for someone who's new to knitting. This Baby Blue Blanket from Red Heart Yarn will be loved by new mommies and new babies. The bulky yarn used to make it means it's also a fast project.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- RED HEART® “Baby Clouds™”: 4 skeins 9925 Playtime Multi
- Knitting Needles: 10mm [US 15]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 8 sts = 4”; 15 rows = 4” in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
TIP: The pattern row (Row 5) is alternately worked on right and wrong side rows to keep the blanket square: first the pattern row is worked on a right side row, then 4 rows later it is worked on a wrong side row. To keep track of the number of rows you have worked between pattern rows, count the number of ridges formed by the knit rows – there should be 2 ridges above the pattern row on both sides of the blanket; then you are ready for the pattern row.
- Cast on 73 sts.
- Marking first row as the right side, work in pattern as follows: Rows 1-4: Knit.
- Row 5: K3, * yo, K2tog; repeat from * to last 2 sts; K2.
- Repeat Rows 1-5 until approximately 36” from beginning, end by working pattern Row 5.
- Knit 4 more rows.
- Bind off.
For more adorable patterns, check out 15 Unique Baby Blankets to Crochet for Your Little One.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 40 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Radiating Squares Baby Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 25 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 172 Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees
- Adorable Recycled Skirt Pouch