Soft and Cuddly Huggable Hoodie
By: Grace Alexander for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Are you finding too many knit baby girl sweater patterns covered in lace, bows, and frills? Try the Soft and Cuddly Huggable Hoodie from Red Heart Yarn. This sweater is stylish, practical, and easy to knit!
Directions are for size 3-6 months. Changes for sizes 12 months, 18 months and 24 months are in parentheses.
Finished Chest: 22 (24, 26, 28) inches.
Finished Length: 11 (12, 13, 14) inches.
- RED HEART® ―"Buttercup™" 1.76 oz (50 g), 72 yd (66 m) balls: 4 (4, 5, 5) Balls in 4272 White Coral Multi
- Knitting needles, 8mm [11 US] straight
- Circular needles: 8mm [11 US], 24 inches long
- Stitch holder
- Yarn needle
- Pompom maker
Gauge: 10 sts = 4 inches; 14 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette stitch. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
K2tog: Knit 2 sts together.
P2tog: Purl 2 sts together.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st, k2tog, pass slip st over.
Cast on 29 (31, 33, 35) sts.
Rows 1-2: K1, [p1, k1] across. Change to St st and work until piece measures 11 (12, 13, 14) inches from beginning, end with a wrong side row.
Bind off 8 (9, 9, 10) sts, work center 13 (13, 15, 15) sts and slip sts to a stitch holder for Hood, bind off remaining 8 (9, 9, 10) sts.
Work as for Back until piece measures 8 (9, 10, 11) inches from beginning, end with a wrong side row.
Next Row (Right Side): K12 (13, 14, 15) sts, k2tog, sk2p, k12 (13, 14, 15) sts.
Next Row: P11 (12, 13, 14) sts, p2tog, join second ball of yarn, p2tog, p11 (12, 13, 14) sts – 12 (13, 14, 15) sts each side. Working both sides at same time with separate balls of yarn, dec 1 st at each Neck edge every row 4 (4, 5, 5) times more – 8 (9, 9, 10) sts each side. Work until piece measures same length as Back to Shoulders. Bind off.
Cast on 17 (17, 19, 19) sts.
Rows 1-4: K1, [p1, k1] across.
Change to work in St st, inc 1 st each side every other row 4 (5, 5, 6) times – 25 (27, 29, 31) sts.
Work even until piece measures 6½ (7½, 8½,10½) inches from beginning, end with a wrong side row.
Sew shoulder seams.
With right side facing and circular needle, join yarn at center Front Neck edge, pick up and knit 8 (9, 9, 9) sts along Right Front Neck edge, 13 (13, 15, 15) sts from Back Neck stitch holder, 8 (9, 9, 9) sts from Left Front Neck – 29 (31, 33, 33) sts.
Working back and forth in rows, work in St st until Hood measures 10 (10½, 11, 11½) inches from beginning, end with a wrong side row.
Fold Hood in half along bind-off edge and sew together.
With right side facing and circular needle, join yarn at center of Front Neck edge, pick up and knit 49 (51, 53, 55) sts around Front edge of Hood.
Rows 1-3: Working back and forth in rows, k1, [p1, k1] across.
Bind off in pattern.
Measure and mark 5 (5½, 5 ½, 6) inches down from Shoulder along each side edge of Front and Back. Sew tops of Sleeves between markers. Sew side and Sleeve seams.
Using pompom maker, mark a pompom and sew on tip of Hood.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page