Baby Knit Kimono
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a unique knit most babies don't have. Knit that little one a kimono full of color and design. This is an easy garter stitch any beginner can knit from Bernat Yarns.
Sizes: 6 (12-18-24) mos
To fit chest measurement: 17 (18-19-21) ins [43 (45.5-48-53.5) cm].
Finished chest: 21 (22-23-25) ins [53.5 (56-58.5-63.5) cm].
- Bernat® Baby Jacquards (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 (2-2-3) balls of #06317 (Easter Basket).
Size 4 mm (U.S. 6) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
22½ sts and 44 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in garter st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
RIGHT and LEFT FRONT (make alike).
Cast on 52 (55-58-63) sts.
Work in garter st (knit every row) for 2 ins [5 cm].
Shape front: Dec 1 st at beg of row on next and every following alt row to 35 (38-47-50) sts, then every following 4th row from previous dec to 31 (33-36-39) sts, ending with a RS row.
Shape armhole: Cast off 7 (8-9-10) sts beg of next row. 24 (25-27-29) sts.
Dec 1 st at front edge on every following 4th row from previous dec to 12 (12-14-15) sts.
Cont even until armhole measures 4¾ (5-5-5½) ins [12 (12.5-12.5-14) cm], ending with a RS row. Cast off.
Cast on 58 (61-64-69) sts.
Work in garter st (knit every row) until work from beg measures same length as Front before armhole shaping.
Shape armholes: Cast off 7 (8-9-10) sts beg next 2 rows. 44 (45-46-49) sts.
Cont even until Back measures same length as Front before shoulder. Cast off.
Place markers 2¼ (2¼-2½-2¾) ins [5.5 (5.5-6-7) cm] in from sides for shoulders.
Cast on 33 (35-39-39) sts.
Work in garter st, inc 1 st each end of needle on 5th and every following 8th row to 51 (55-55-61) sts.
Cont even until sleeve from beg measures 8 (9-9½-10) ins [20.5 (23-24- 25.5) cm], ending with a RS row. Cast off.
Place markers along sides 1¼ (1½-1½-1¾) ins [3 (4-4-4.5) cm] down from cast off edge.
FINISHING: Pin garment pieces to measurements. Cover with a damp cloth, leaving cloth to dry.
Sew shoulder seams. Sew in sleeves, placing rows above markers along cast off sts of Fronts and Back to form square armholes.
Ties: (make 4). Cast on 25 sts. Cast off. Sew 2 ties at beg of front shaping on each front and 2 ties at side seams 2 ins [5 cm] up from cast on edge of body to match to front ties.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Zig Zag Popcorn Weave Crochet Hat Pattern
- Felt Organizers Set
- Recycled Milk Carton Stationery Organizer
- Vintage Lamb Crochet Toddler Hat Pattern
- Witch Hat Topiary Halloween Centerpiece
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Absolutely Adorable DIY Mason Jar Candle
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment