Upcycled Looking Glass Wine Bottles
Upcycle empty wine bottles with this easy craft idea: Upcycled Looking Glass Wine Bottles. Your wine bottles can become gorgeous decorations with some looking glass paint. This free craft is simple and only involves a few materials, some of which you can find around your house. Guests will admire these painted wine bottle centerpieces at your next party and they will wonder where you bought them. You can proudly say that you made these stunning ecofriendly decorations yourself. This wine bottle craft can add interest to any room and even spark up some conversation.
- Recycled empty wine bottles, labels removed, washed and dried
- Krylon Looking Glass spray paint
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Spray bottle with mist option
- Paper towels
- Clear gloss sealer spray
- Be sure that the bottles are completely clean and dry. Spray a thin coat of Looking Glass paint onto the bottles and let dry 20 minutes.
- Spray a second coat and let dry 20 more minutes.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Mist each wine bottle with the vinegar mixture. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Spray Looking Glass paint directly over the vinegar mist. Use a paper towel scrunched up that has been misted with the vinegar mixture to blot the bottle. The harder you rub, the more paint with come off. Rub lightly in some areas and harder in others.
- Allow bottles to sit for about an hour then gently rinse off with cool water. Pat them dry and let sit for 10 minutes. Spray each bottle with a clear gloss sealer.
Make every day Earth Day with our free printable eBook, Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials. Discover ways to reuse materials such as wood, fabric and even popsicle sticks. Get your copy now.
Read NextRecycled Bottle Lamps