DIY Wine Bottle Centerpiece
Wedding planning can be overwhelming and rather expensive. If you are planning on a budget or you just want personalized centerpieces at your reception, try making this DIY Wine Bottle Centerpiece. You could use wine bottles that you and your future spouse have finished together to make the simple wedding centerpiece more meaningful. The craft is easy and doesn't take much time to do the actual craft; however, waiting for paint to dry takes some time. Make your special day even more special with a non-floral wedding centerpiece.
- Clear square shaped wine bottle
- Forty 10 mm multifaceted rhinestone stickers
- Acrylic paint in the following two colors: white and pale gold
- One red polymer clay rose
- Black Sharpie Brush Tip marker
- Sponge (use one that was inside a medicine bottle)
- Super Glue
- Quick-drying matt spray varnish
- Wash the bottle and allow to dry upside down overnight. If necessary, use mineral turpentine to remove any glue residue from where the label was stuck.
- Dab a thin, uneven layer of white paint all over the bottle. Apply paint all the way up to the top lip of the bottle, but do not paint the base of the bottle. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the sponge to apply a thin layer of pale gold paint over the white paint to the bottle and allow to dry thoroughly.
- To protect the paint, spray a layer quick-drying matt spray varnish over the bottle and allow to dry thoroughly.
- With a pencil, lightly write the word Love in ornate writing on one side of the bottle. Color the word with the Sharpie and allow to dry.
- Spray the bottle with the varnish again and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use Super Glue to add a row of rhinestone stickers around the heel of the bottle.
- Add a row of rhinestone stickers around the rim of the bottle, again using Super Glue to affix them thoroughly.
- Use Super Glue to affix the polymer clay rose.