Bubblegum Tie Dye Sleeveless Top
Add a bit of color to your wardrobe with a Tulip Custom Dye Kit from I Love to Create. In seven easy steps you can have this great top to wear out.
- Tulip® Custom Dye Color Kit™
- Tulip® Craft Gloves™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Container – plastic – 2 gallon
- Spoon – large – extra-long handle
- Rubber bands
- Tank top – white – 100% cotton or natural fibers
- Cover work surface with Dye Surface Cover™. Set plastic container on covered surface and wearing Craft Gloves™, follow booklet instructions to create Bubblegum dye (or desired color).
- Prewash tank top to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Lay top out flat on work surface. Pull up one of the shoulder straps about 2” and wrap a rubber band tightly around strap. Move down about 1” and wrap another rubber band around fabric. Repeat step for other strap.
- Wrap a rubber band around bottom of top, about 2” up from bottom hem.
- Mix dye Wearing rubber gloves, mix 1 gallon (3.8 liters) of hot water (equivalent to hot coffee, around 170° - 190° F (77° - 88° C) but not boiling), dye and pour 3 tablespoons salt for each dye mixture. See charts for different dye color formulas and combinations. The dye mixture should be sufficient to dye up to 1/2 pound (22 grams) of fabric, equivalent to a large men's T-shirt.
- Immerse fabric into dye mixture. Stir continuously for the first 15 minutes, then occasionally every 5-10 minutes for the next 45 minutes. Total time will be one hour.
- Fill washer to "large load" setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately. Wash separately the first few times. Do not allow dyed fabric to rest wet on other items.
Read NextBleach Tie Dye Shirt
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.